Lightweight hardware recommendations

Larry

"Uncle Larry"
I'm leaning towards going lighter in the hardware dept. Double braced is overkill for me.
My tilters must be ratchetless, and I don't think I want flat base either, they're the only caveats. Does anyone have any experience with good reliable lightweight ratchetless single braced hardware that they would recommend?

On a related note, Why isn't hardware made from aluminum? It would probably be a big seller.

aluminium would be good, i for one would be interested in carbon fibre :D

id vote for DW 7000 series, they make the best hardware regardless IMO and pioneered the toothless tilter. memory locks are useful too

I think the ratchet-less design is what's gonna stop you, Larry. The Tama single-braced StageMaster stuff have ratchet tilters for the cymbal stands, as does the Yamaha single-braced stuff.

That said, I just upgraded to Pearl 900 stuff, and those tilters are ratchetless, but the stands themselves are rather light for being double-braced. I don't mind moving those around. And I know heavy, I used to cart around that DW 5000 stuff and hated every minute of it!

DW 7000 is my suggestion.

It's light, but it's not going anywhere.

The tilter is great, the memory locks are great. The hat stand is really nice and smooth too.
7000 snare stand is light, sturdy and grips nicely.

I also have the 6000 stuff and I love it too, but if you need more than a few stands, I could see the flat base legs being a pain. I use a 6000 snare stand for my tom, and it doesn't choke the drum at all, and it doesn't move, even when I lay into it.

I've had all my 7000 and 6000 stuff for a few years, and it's been fantastic stuff. No problems at all.

If you decided that flat bases were OK, then I could suggest the Gibraltar flat base cymbal stands too. The tilter on them is great and they are very sturdy, but no memory locks.
Hat, snare or boom stand, I would still go with DW 6 or 7000.

Back