DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 08-03-2012, 09:58 PM

Default looking at a used drum set ?

came across a drumset i found its pearl prestige session select , its huge compaired to my pearl vision set . i dunno if i would be paying to much, drums are exspensive nowadays and thinking about using this as my main set for the band and taking my drum set home for practice

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/3177167369.html
Old 08-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: looking at a used drum set ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrights View Post
came across a drumset i found its pearl prestige session select , its huge compaired to my pearl vision set . i dunno if i would be paying to much, drums are exspensive nowadays and thinking about using this as my main set for the band and taking my drum set home for practice

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/3177167369.html
Used 5-piece Prestige Sessions are going for about $500 used right now. Rack, probably about $200-$300; let's charitably say another $300-$400 for that set of used cymbals, at least; the DW pedal is probably good for $200 to $250. So $1100 is in the ballpark for what's in the photo. As I recall they were decent drums for the price, and if you are in the market for a set of used drums to gig with, so long as they're structurally sound, you would probably be just fine. They look like they could use some new heads, but then I always buy new heads for new drums. Do take a good look at them before you buy, is all.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:26 AM

thanks for your help i currently own a pearl vison sst and its hard to build this set and its exspensive this set looks to have what i need and want . its a 45 min drive and wondering if it was even worth the trip .
Old 08-04-2012, 03:13 AM
Platinum Member

See if he'll come down at all. It's not a bad price all in all, but always try to get that last 50 bucks or so out of him. Good luck.
Old 08-05-2012, 04:36 AM

Well he says he is firm and that he should be selling it for more as everything is included . Imma go look at it . Hopefully its worth a hour drive :/
Old 08-11-2012, 03:31 AM

I came across this but not too firmiliar with yamaha drums , what do u guys think

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/3154667933.html
Old 08-11-2012, 03:55 AM
Platinum Member

Just one opinion here: I think both of those sets have a lot of 'stuff', and maybe you like them because they look big and flashy or something.

A lot of 'stuff' can be OK if you don't mind hauling it, or have a roadie. But the bigger issue for me would be that it's 'stuff' someone else picked out.

It's almost a certainty that if you bought a smaller, basic kit, and then gradually expanded it with 'stuff' that you picked out because it was exactly what you needed or wanted, that it would look a lot different. Even if it takes you a while, the kit would feel more like 'yours'.

I'll admit that it'd be nice to find a kit that was already just how you wanted it, but that's probably not likely to happen.

Sorry, no input on whether they're worth it not not. In the end, that's up to you.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:46 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrights View Post
I came across this but not too firmiliar with yamaha drums , what do u guys think

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/msg/3154667933.html
This set is a beginner's Yamaha set, either YD or Rydeen. Not worth it.

For what it's worth, the last poster has a point.Find a good used shell kit in the sizes you want. Get the cymbals individually used if possible. Buying all at once almost ensures you will end up with something you won't care for.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:09 PM

I already have a pearl vision sst edition . But I wanted a bigger one for band practice and take the set I have now home for my practice set . It is a nice set but I hate packing amd unpacking just for band practice . When I look to add to my set its hard because they don't make this edition anymore and its exspensive . If i could come across on a decent used set I think I could settle . Just looking for opionions on what is good for the money in the used market

Thamks guys
Nick