DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:31 AM

Default What is your favorite concert?

Out of the concerts you've seen what was your favorite? I haven't been to many, but I think mine was when I saw Porcupine Tree at Ram's Head Live.
Gavin Harrison is just amazing.
Nuff said.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:28 AM

Default Re: What is your favorite concert?

I saw The Beatles at the Mid South Coliseum in Memphis TN back in 1965.

Well as I remember, the screaming from all the girls was louder than the music at times. Great concert non the less. My oldest brother, age 63, still has the program from that concert!

Only other concert was in 1971 when I saw the Everly Brothers and Kenney Rogers and The First Edition...."What Condition My Condition Was In"!

That's all I have seen!
Old 12-17-2010, 03:34 AM
Platinum Member

King Crimson, Los Angeles, at the Greek Theater in 1984 - the last tour of that lineup. I did see them again in '94 when they did the THRAK tour, but the starkness of the quartet was startling.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:44 AM
thatoneguy

Staring from age 5 and up: Garth Brooks, Alan Jackson, Elton John, black crowes, Kiss (got paul's pic), Wilco, Bob dylan, Ben Folds, Sigur Ros, Blue man Group (got to meet them), Black Crowes again, Bob Dylan w/ Willie Nelson, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen (got little Stevie's pic), Radiohead, Eric Clapton, Bon Dylan again, and Levon Helm.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:46 AM
thatoneguy

Also, when I saw Kiss Ted Nuggent opened. I forgot Dr. John, Charlie Musselwhite, Jon Scofield, and Steve Earle (amazing show).
Old 12-17-2010, 03:56 AM
Platinum Member

I've been to so many it's hard to choose. It's easier for me to name the worse concerts I've ever been too. Lets see. I saw kiss a whole bunch of times. They are in my top two of favorite bands. The best of them that I saw was the rock the nation tour back in 2004. My second favorite concert was the Motley Crue Carnival of Sins Tour. I really wish I could have seen the Crue back when they were in their prime. It sucks being young. Lol. I will give Godsmack third place when I saw them open for Motley Crue on the Cruefest 2 Tour. The did a great job.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:42 AM
thatoneguy

I forgot My Morning Jacket. I saw them in their hometown of Louisville, KY when they opened for Bob Dylan. A few of their grandmothers were next to us in the pit. I kept trying to explain to them how special their grandchildren were. I got a set list off of the floor Tom from their set as well. EDIT: Even worse! Show's you were suppose to see but ended up missing :-( Mine are The Police and The Rolling Stones. I forgot to add I saw
Aerosmith and Dream Theater as well. I saw DT on valentines day 2000 in STL
Old 12-17-2010, 04:50 AM
Platinum Member

As for shows that I missed. I would have to say any Type O Negative show that was within driving distance that I never went to is a disappointment now that Pete is dead.
Old 12-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Silver Member

OK! This is because of the lineup, the year it happened, and the cool people I was with:

July 1978 Oakland, CA Coliseum "Day on the Green" presented by "Bill Graham Presents" (RIP) he died in a helicopter crash 1989...............................We, Barry, Jerry, Dave, and yours truly take BART (the train) from Concord to Oakland, CA the NIGHT BEFORE and arrive at about 10:00 PM at the locked Coliseum gate. We are NOT first in line. We do what 16 year olds do....etc etc etc....(puff.....cough) and stay up all night just talking and hoping we will be on the radio someday...........

9:00 AM arrives and GATES OPEN!!!! We run in and snag our spot in front of the stage.....basically staring at centerfield at 9:09 AM.....gig starts at 11:00 AM....or so (hehe)

A little more smokage etc etc and then BAM:

AC/DC opens!!! Now, you AINT seen AC/DC unless Bon Scott is roaring out! Dig? Phil Rudd doing the PR thing! Boom chick boom chick!! To the MAX! WHO IS AC/DC??? Why do I love them? Who is Phil Rudd? Why does basic drumming sound....NOT BASIC?

Van Halen comes on 2nd! First Album....ROCKS! Alex VH is ALBUM PERFUCT!

Pat Travers Band 3rd....................Tommy Aldridge on DRUMMMMS! You think he rocked us? Well? You think? Tommy kicks A$$ every time he picks up stix! Hulloh....Whitesnake!

4th----Foreigner----Lou Gramm singing AND he played drums with the "other" drummer on stage----2 kits---GREAT! Mick Jones on guitar! Yo!

5th----------------------AEROSMITH! Drug laden days for them.....poor concert end for us! ALL the other bands had something to friggin prove! Aerosmith embarrassed themselves.

I went home with my head ringing. I slept until whatev....the next day.

A great concert? Yes.

Zildjian--Mapex Saturn--Remo--DW 5000--Iron Cobra--Regal Tip AVH
Old 12-17-2010, 06:00 AM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post
I forgot My Morning Jacket. I saw them in their hometown of Louisville, KY when they opened for Bob Dylan. A few of their grandmothers were next to us in the pit. I kept trying to explain to them how special their grandchildren were. I got a set list off of the floor Tom from their set as well. EDIT: Even worse! Show's you were suppose to see but ended up missing :-( Mine are The Police and The Rolling Stones. I forgot to add I saw
Aerosmith and Dream Theater as well. I saw DT on valentines day 2000 in STL
Bo, from MMJ lived 5 doors down from me growing up, I grew up with his older brother, John...and we used to kick Bo's butt all the time cause he was the hyper younger brother....Im glad to see he made it big.

F
Old 12-17-2010, 06:15 AM
Platinum Member

I've seen so many concerts, but here are a few standouts:

Rush, Oakland Coliseum, 1986. My first big arena concert. I just remember the spectacle of it all. I had good seats too.

Metallica, Shoreline Ampatheater, 1989. I had been to many shows, but this was the 1st time I had seen a band with so much power and energy. It was also when Metallica was really into odd times, and it was funny watching thousands of people head banging in time, and then the band would play a bar of 5 or 7, and throw everyone off. Haha.

Clan of Xymox, somewhere in Berkley, around 1988. The original line up. Just a great great, show. Playing all of their early favorites. Too bad they don’t play the US anymore.

Amnesty International concert, at the Cow Palace, 1986(?) I had bad seats, but it was a hard to get ticket. Featured, U2, Sting and a host of others, but I remember being particularly impressed by Peter Gabriel.

The Who, Oakland Stadium, 1989. I thought I would never get to see the The Who, as they had long since broken up, but this was the 1st of many reunion tours. It was also the time my buddy and I lost my car in the parking lot, thank you tequila.

Metallica, Cal Expo, in Sacramento, early 90s. Unlike most stadiums that are oval, with the band on one end and most people on the other end, the Cal Expo is very round, and not that big, so no one ends up very far from the stage. And they just seemed to play exceptional well that night.

Dream Theater at the Warfield Theater, 1994. I just never forget during The Mirror, John Myung hit the low B on his 6 sting bass while looking right at me, and the whole place just shook.

Rush, Nokia Theater, Snakes and Arrows tour. Rush was god like, as always, but the Nokia is the 1st place I’ve ever been that was designed for loud music. Unlike most venues where sound is often a degree of questionable, the sound here is so clear I almost thought it was a recording. Whoever designed the room deserves an award.

Dream Theater, House of Blues on Sunset, 1998. They played the HOB multiple times, one show in particular was the 2nd of a two night run, and band decided to have some fun. Ray Alder of Fates Warning did backing vocals on a song, and then Bruce Dickerson of Iron Maiden came out and did a cover of a Deep Purple song. The whole thing was released as an official bootleg CD a few years later.

Ozzfest, August 31, 2002. I proposed to my wife the night before the show. And that’s how we celebrated our engagement, by going to Ozzfest!

Lalapoluza in 96 or 97. Went to see Metallica, Devo was the unannounced surprise opening act, and the Ramones played, which ended up being one of their last shows.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:34 AM
thatoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florian View Post
Bo, from MMJ lived 5 doors down from me growing up, I grew up with his older brother, John...and we used to kick Bo's butt all the time cause he was the hyper younger brother....Im glad to see he made it big.

F
Haha, he made it big alright. Did you or John have much influence on him musically?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:58 AM

Saw with my own eyes...too many to name...(there is a guy down here in south Texas named Monte Montgomery who puts on a hullva show off the top of my head...I have left many times with my jaw on the floor)... but my favorite live performance is...Foo Fighters, Skin and Bones live concert on DVD....
Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Platinum Member

Fave stadium type gig - Queen in 1975. Great songs, great sound, great playing, great show ... Freddie and Brian were amazing.

Fave concert ... probably John McLaughlin's One Truth Band with L Shankar on violin and tambourine (I normally wouldn't mention tambourine, but in his hands it was special), Fernando Saunders on bass (not miles from Jaco) and Tony Smith on drums, who you hear little about but he's not just a monster but absolute class.

Second fave concert was Oregon, led by tabla player Colin Walcott and guitarist, Ralph Towner. I walked out of the hall floating on air.

Special mention to Art Ensemble of Chicago. I knew nothing of them beforehand but Don Moye on drums is something to behold - never seen shredding like it before or since. Another group that left me feeling transcendent.

Local gigs - Midnight Oil at the Royal Antler. No one generated energy levels like the Oils in their heyday.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:54 AM
Platinum Member

Weather Report- Avery Fischer Hall, NYC..early 80s.. electrifying.

Jaco on the top of his game, Peter Erskine full of fire, Zawinul hemmed in by 8 keyoards weaving his ethinc right hand lines over the R&B comps of his left, and the insane Manolo Badrenas, manical, primal.

I've seen a lot of people, as a matter of fact practically everyone I ever wanted to see, but this gig completely blew my mind.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:03 AM

I saw In Living Colour open for The Rolling Stones on their Steel Wheels tour at the super dome in new orleans la. It was a great show.

Last edited by bryanmurr; 12-17-2010 at 09:03 AM. Reason: mispelled word
Old 12-17-2010, 09:39 AM
Gold Member

I saw Tool in 2001 at the tiny 3500 seat Berkeley Community Theater. King Crimson opened for them and I had front row seats in the Orchestra pit. The chairs in the pit were just folding chairs that had been placed in there making a couple of rows. By the end of the King Crimson set the chairs had all been pushed aside and the Orchestra pit became a mosh pit. The energy in the place was amazing and the band definitely seemed to play off of it. It was the most amazing concert of my life, and I have been to and played in more than I can count.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Gold Member

My 1st was '76 Kiss the opening act was Bob Segar and the SBB... so many through 70's at the good ol Spectrum..opening act that blew me away was at a Black Sabbath concert the opening act was a little known band (at the time) called Van Halen...my God did they ROCK... Fav I didnt get to see.... I had tickets for the 2nd nights show to Aerosmith and Styx but someone with a firecracker stopped it....I loved aerosmith finally got a chance to see them again was right up front and on the 5th song another knuclehead throws a big green wine bottle that hits the monitor and spews glass all over Steve's face..I understand why Philly gets such a bad reputation for crowd behavior at sporting events after all we did boo Santa
Old 12-17-2010, 01:28 PM
Silver Member

I have to give top mention to Jane's Addiction in 2001 @ Air Canada Centre - was bit of a reunion tour, similar to DED and The Who - I thought I would never see them live. No problems with tequila, though.

I saw an insane amount of great bands going to Lollapalooza from '92 to '95 - RHCP, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Tool, Dino Jr., Primus, Alice In Chains, RATM, Sonic Youth, Smashing Pumpkins, Beastie Boys, Tribe Called Quest, Cypress Hill, Hole, Pavement, Flaming Lips... I feel lucky to have been to those shows.

Outside that, other stand outs have been Metallica, Pantera, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, and Nirvana.

A few of you with a couple more years on ya than I do are making me a tad jealous, Pol, Queen must have been amazing, Freddie is one of my favorite vocalists.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:50 PM
Platinum Member

Insanely jealous
Of Bo and Eclipse seeing
The great King Crimson.

And jealous of Abe
For seeing Weather Report.
... the Oz backwater :(

Yeah Jer, Queen were great.
Such a professional show
And inspired as well.

Oops, this one is not
The haiku thread that seems to
Have garbled my brain.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:13 PM
thatoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydee View Post

Weather Report- Avery Fischer Hall, NYC..early 80s.. electrifying.

Jaco on the top of his game, Peter Erskine full of fire, Zawinul hemmed in by 8 keyoards weaving his ethinc right hand lines over the R&B comps of his left, and the insane Manolo Badrenas, manical, primal.

I've seen a lot of people, as a matter of fact practically everyone I ever wanted to see, but this gig completely blew my mind.

Wow, you saw Jaco!!!!!!! With Weather Repor! That must have been very special. I had the pleasure of having a private lesson with Kenwood Dennard who use to drum with Jaco. That alone was special to me. As a pianist and a drummer, I find it funny that one of my favorite musicians was a bass player. How was your proximity? What was played? Did you wet yourself? On a serious note, God bless his soul. He will live for ever. My brother had a teacher at Berklee who said Jaco use to come into the jam rooms steamin drunk, plug in, and play for hours. I wish I could have been there!

Last edited by thatoneguy; 12-17-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:26 PM
thatoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanmurr View Post
I saw In Living Colour open for The Rolling Stones on their Steel Wheels tour at the super dome in new orleans la. It was a great show.
O man!!! That must have rocked! They likely had Will Calhoun on drums at that time? I had the pleasure of sitting down(quietly) and watching him tune a set like a guitar (by ear). He did it pretty quick, too. He looked at me and said, "See, that wasn't that hard," or something. That incident along with a talk I had with J. D. Blair that same weekend really got me into tuning and experimenting with different heads, tunings...
BTW, I do literally mean "like a guitar." EADGBE
Old 12-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Wow, you saw Jaco!!!!!!! With Weather Repor! That must have been very special. I had the pleasure of having a private lesson with Kenwood Dennard who use to drum with Jaco. That alone was special to me. As a pianist and a drummer, I find it funny that one of my favorite musicians was a bass player. How was your proximity? What was played? Did you wet yourself? On a serious note, God bless his soul. He will live for ever. My brother had a teacher at Berklee who said Jaco use to come into the jam rooms steamin drunk, plug in, and play for hours. I wish I could have been there!
Kenwood is a great teacher and a great human being.

Well, I have somewhat of a personal history with Jaco that I wont get into here, but yes, he was a huge tipping point in my growth as a musician. I remain very close to his wife Ingrid and his twins Felix, an awesome bass player and Julius a super groovy drummer.

At the gig they played a lot of the Black Market, Mr. Gone stuff.. A Remark you Made was so powerful that I saw a lot of wet faces around me, including mine.. at some point, and I dont remember doing this, but I was at the front of the stage when Jaco poured some talcum power on the floor and played Teen Town while gliding around like Michael Jackson. Gooseflesh.

Old 12-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Platinum Member

i've been to a lot of great shows, but one i'll mention here was frank zappa in 1974 (i think) with ralph humphries, george duke, ruth underwood, and others. that was quite a show! i stayed afterward and got to meet frank and had a nice chat with everyone in the band.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Platinum Member

Jean-Luc Ponty at One World Theater in Austin, TX. last year.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:51 PM

Favorite concert? Easy...September 1, 1974 Austin, Texas...
ZZ Top's First Annual Texas Sized Rompin' Stompin' Barn Dance and BBQ...
I was 19 and me and a buddy drove from Houston to Austin early that day and got onto the floor of UT Memorial Stadium. First band up, a little known band from the UK known as Bad Company...about halfway through their set, a helicopter landed right behind the stage and Jimmy Page joins them onstage for several tunes. I forget which songs and how many as I was totally "altered" at the time. Next up was Joe Cocker---didn't care for him and that began my day-long search for female companionship---then Santana. Don't remember much of him either but I hear it was really good. Headliners ZZ Top made their way to the stage later that night and I found the girl of my dreams--for that day anyway-- and all was well in my little universe. Fantastic show all around. Very little in the way of concessions, bathrooms, or relief from the Texas heat, but I'd kill to do that day over again.
Runner up show was early 1978, Van Halen opens with their first album and we all sat there slack-jawed as we had earlier doubted Eddie could pull that album off in a live setting. Bar was officially raised for guitarists everywhere that night. Montrose came on after that and played for about 45 minutes then promptly stomped off the stage like a little bitch. Headlining was Journey with their new found singer Steve Perry. Blew the lid off the Music Hall. Thanks for the post and stirring these memories up!
Old 12-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Platinum Member

Sepultura, Helmet, Ministry in the early 90's. Great lineup, was Sepultura's "Arise" era and Helmet's "Meantime" era. Perfect.

Lollopalooza '93 (Tool, Alice in Chains, & Primus among others) again, great lineup.

DMB w/ Neil Young & Crazy Horse opening in matthews hometown of Charlottesville, VA.

Tool '06 (10k Days), just a great great show.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:41 PM

After all of these years an a bunch of concerts, I just recently saw my all time favorite. It was Paul Thorn. Most of you don't know who he is but you owe it to yourself to look him up.

The concert was at Kent, Oh. It was held in an old theater. It was a small venue and there was threatening weather that held back some of the attendance. But the greatest thing was being that close to someone who you admire and had driven 2 1/2 hours to see.

The true mark of a great entertainer is one who can put on a great show for 200 or 2000 or 20000 people. I sat within 10 feet of him on the stage, now that is up close and personal. And what a awesome show he and his great band put on that night. Another mark of a great entertainer is the fact that he went out to the lobby and greeted each and every person as they left.

Look him up on you tube. You won't reget it. John
Old 12-17-2010, 05:49 PM
Gold Member

Yes - 1976 - London Hammersmith Odeon

Lynyrd Skynyrd - 1976 - London Hammersmith Odeon - pre-plane crash

Weather Report - 1976, 1978, 1979 - London Hammersmith Odeon

Pink Floyd - 1978 - The Wall Tour - Wembley Arena, London

Led Zeppelin - 1979 - Knebworth festival, England - last ever Zepp gig with Bonham!

Zawinul - 2009 - Camden Cafe, London - Last UK tour before he died.

Favourite Concert? Tricky WR in 1976 and Zawinul in 2009 were probably my greatest highlights. Acuna on drums in 1976 was amazing, never forget it. I was a bass player at the time and I absorbed Jaco rather than listened to him!

Davo
Old 12-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Haha, he made it big alright. Did you or John have much influence on him musically?
no...he was always into keys. His bro John was more into film and such, and eventually toured w/M Jackson as his videographer (or so I was told). Both are out in LA now. Maybe my drumming opened Bo's mind, who knows?

F
Old 12-17-2010, 06:05 PM
thatoneguy

Quote:
no...he was always into keys. His bro John was more into film and such, and eventually toured w/M Jackson as his videographer (or so I was told). Both are out in LA now. Maybe my drumming opened Bo's mind, who knows?

F
Very cool! It very well may have.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo-London View Post
Yes - 1976 - London Hammersmith Odeon

Lynyrd Skynyrd - 1976 - London Hammersmith Odeon - pre-plane crash

Weather Report - 1976, 1978, 1979 - London Hammersmith Odeon

Pink Floyd - 1978 - The Wall Tour - Wembley Arena, London

Led Zeppelin - 1979 - Knebworth festival, England - last ever Zepp gig with Bonham!

Zawinul - 2009 - Camden Cafe, London - Last UK tour before he died.

Favourite Concert? Tricky WR in 1976 and Zawinul in 2009 were probably my greatest highlights. Acuna on drums in 1976 was amazing, never forget it. I was a bass player at the time and I absorbed Jaco rather than listened to him!

Davo
Thats a lot of great gigs in your system, Davo. Agree on Zawinul too. I think just the level of energy and sheer heat that music creates is awe inspiring. I've seen everybody on your list too except Zepplin! Wow.. I would love it if you described the Knebworth gig?
Old 12-17-2010, 06:26 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:

F
I got to know the same Bo on an old music forum many years ago. He was just "Bo" to us, a guy we talked music and sports with all the time. Then, one day, he let out that he was playing for MMJ. He didn't mention it at all for the longest time. Very cool.

Anyway, best concert I've ever been to was a cozy little affair at Baker's Keyboard Lounge in Detroit. A. Spencer Barefield on guitar with the legendary Reggie Workman on bass, playing with Craig Taborn on piano and Tani Tabbal on drums. They played an assortment of standards and classics and tore the place up. There couldn't have been more than 30 people there to see it, but we were a lucky bunch.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:15 PM
Gold Member

Many through the years, but a few stand out:

1974 Rush, Regina
1980 Alice Cooper, Regina
2005 Fishbone, Amsterdam
2008 Grandmothers, Winnipeg
2009 Justin Adams & Robert Plant, Abu Dhabi

Still waiting to see Tom Waits.

GJS
Old 12-17-2010, 07:45 PM
Platinum Member

I'd love to be able to say that my favorite concert was the Jimi Hendrix Experience in Raleigh NC, but the truth is that he seemed pretty uninspired. I later found out that that was a rather frustrating time of his short career. Still it's a favorite just because it was Jimi Hendrix, Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell.

Mitchell was playing a double-bass set of George Hayman drums, and Noel Redding's band Fat Mattress opened. I was expecting a mind-blowing apocalyptic "experience" but the whole thing was rather flat. Poor Jimi. His handlers treated him as if he were a trained animal, while they were ripping him off right and left.

Still, it was Jimi Hendrix!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:57 PM

My favorite was probably Tool last year at Red Rocks in Morrison, CO. Awesome band all-around, but actually seeing that Danny Carey can actually play that crazy sh*t live (and perfectly) had me floored the entire time.
Old 12-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Platinum Member

Dairyair, we saw Uncle Frank on either side of his band revamp. I saw him in 74 (or 75?) and he had a young Terry B on drums, who blew my mind. But I was not familiar enough with his music and a bit young to really understand a fair bit of it, although that didn't stop me buying Bongo Fury the next day :)

J, would have loved to have seen Jimi - even when not at the top of his game.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:15 AM

I can't pick one so here's the list of those of which I still daydream...I haven't included the jazz masters I've had the good fortune to see in bars like Donte's and Shelley's Manne Hole. If I had to pick only one, I'll go with the first on the list.

Doors and the Jefferson Airplane: April 1967 at my high school. Best sock hop ever

Grateful Dead: August 1971, Hollywood Palladium (5,000 person capacity and a bar). best acid test I ever attended...music was killer, too

Jimi Hendrix Experience: Hollywood Bowl, 1968 Vanilla Fudge opened and it was the first time I saw Carmine Appice...last time, too

Crosby, Stills,and Nash: Pauly Pavilion, UCLA 1969

Bobby Fuller Four: 1967, my high school. Second best sock hop ever

The Who: 1973 the Forum, Inglewood, CA

Rolling Stones: 1999 Pond at Anaheim

Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna: 1989 Golden Gate Park The only non-original member was the drummer. Some guy named Aronoff playing drums, hehehe

Traffic 1972 Santa Monica Civic Auditorium (seats 3,000)

Little Feat 1973 Santa Monica Civic Auditorium

Beach Boys 1967 US Military Academy, West Point
Old 12-18-2010, 02:42 AM
thatoneguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerLudwig View Post
I can't pick one so here's the list of those of which I still daydream...I haven't included the jazz masters I've had the good fortune to see in bars like Donte's and Shelley's Manne Hole. If I had to pick only one, I'll go with the first on the list.

Doors and the Jefferson Airplane: April 1967 at my high school. Best sock hop ever

Grateful Dead: August 1971, Hollywood Palladium (5,000 person capacity and a bar). best acid test I ever attended...music was killer, too

Jimi Hendrix Experience: Hollywood Bowl, 1968 Vanilla Fudge opened and it was the first time I saw Carmine Appice...last time, too

Crosby, Stills,and Nash: Pauly Pavilion, UCLA 1969

Bobby Fuller Four: 1967, my high school. Second best sock hop ever

The Who: 1973 the Forum, Inglewood, CA

Rolling Stones: 1999 Pond at Anaheim

Jefferson Airplane and Hot Tuna: 1989 Golden Gate Park The only non-original member was the drummer. Some guy named Aronoff playing drums, hehehe

Traffic 1972 Santa Monica Civic Auditorium (seats 3,000)

Little Feat 1973 Santa Monica Civic Auditorium

Beach Boys 1967 US Military Academy, West Point
First of all: right on on the beach boys. Pet Sounds and Holland have profoundly impacted me as a musician/songwriter.
2nd of all, some guy named Aronoff?!?!?! LoL
Old 12-18-2010, 04:31 AM

I've been to three concerts and my favorite is a tie between the Alice in Chains show at the DC 101 Chili cook off or this local metal band called Behold the Flood at some fire hall. I just love any show where there aren't seats. Nothin beats being squished around a group of people who are all there to rock out to some metal (no homo). As apposed to the DMB concert I went to where it was a bunch of old people, we sat at a place where I couldn't see Carter Beauford at all and it was just lame.