Drumkit lighting

joosti

Me and my band are looking into buying some lights for gigs and I have some questions for the drums. (my drums are black, for link see signature)
What colours?
What kind of lights?
What angle and height (top or bottom)
Examples!! (pics)
Is there something else I should know?
a while ago I saw a thread about stage lighting but I can't seem to find it. anyone can post a link?

Me and my band are looking into buying some lights for gigs and I have some questions for the drums. (my drums are black, for link see signature)
What colours?
What kind of lights?
What angle and height (top or bottom)
Examples!! (pics)
Is there something else I should know?
a while ago I saw a thread about stage lighting but I can't seem to find it. anyone can post a link?

Too many questions, not enough information.

1) Price range?
2) Where would you like to perform? Clubs? Backyard parties? Arenas?
3) Genre (not terribly important, but hair metal employs a bit of a different light show than light jazz does)
4) What do you want to accomplish?

Lights can quickly become the most cost and power prohibitive aspect of your show. Unless you're playing some bigger places and have a ton of cash to spend, I'd suggest a couple of light packages with 4 lights and a stand. They work well, and at least give you enough light to play at night.

Price range is low. We'd rather spend the money on instruments or other music stuff but especially when playing a gig at a party or any other place wich doesn't have any sort of stage lighting. So nothing big just some spots of any kind.
That kinda answers place too. Small gigs, sometimes outside.
Our genre is rock/alternative
We just want to be vissible but just plain white is to dull

Price range is low. We'd rather spend the money on instruments or other music stuff but especially when playing a gig at a party or any other place wich doesn't have any sort of stage lighting. So nothing big just some spots of any kind.
That kinda answers place too. Small gigs, sometimes outside.
Our genre is rock/alternative
We just want to be vissible but just plain white is to dull

Pick yourself up one or two of these packages (you'll need to buy some colored gels separately):
http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Elation-PAR38T4-Lighting-Package?sku=801264

Then get something inexpensive to provide some moving light. I use this: http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/American-DJ-Vertigo?sku=810025

That should cover you for most small gigs.

Back