DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Hahahahahahahaha :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrudd View Post
I read it, and checked out that clip.

So who am I watching in the video? I'm still getting to know people on this forum...are the David Floegel and Jack Pollitt mentioned in the comments members here?
Just a bit of fun :) David is a member here.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Just a bit of fun :) David is a member here.
What's he post as? Fantastic drummer.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrudd View Post
What's he post as? Fantastic drummer.
David Floegel. Yeah, he's a fantastic player alright. Top bloke, too.
Old 10-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Thanks Phil, but it's a total guess. I don't know the guy at all. The dissing part I do stand behind. My dissing days are over. And I dissed him in this thread. I don't like that about myself, so I'm putting a stop to it.
Hung up your dissing shoes next to your dancin shoes?
Old 10-09-2014, 03:05 AM
Platinum Member

I don't feel like dissin', no sir, no dissing' today. You'd think I could muster up a little bon mot sobriquet but I don't feel like dissin' no sir no dissin' today.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 AM
"Uncle Larry"

You guys slay me, thanks I needed a good ha ha.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Yeah, I notice you do a bit of that. Doesn't seem to serve you too well though, does it?
Well I say assume even if I have a strong opinion on something because, I'm in no place to say whether you really do or don't understand progressive music. Considering I don't know you and made a response out of just a few sentences of yours, saying something about you as if I was 100% correct would be rude, inappropriate, and probably inaccurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
Hey, Nour I justified my opinion in this very thread, mate.

I understand 'progressive' drumming. Hell, I grew up with 'progressive' music. It consisted about 85% of my listening between the ages of 16-20. I still listen to it regularly.

Nowhere in 'progressive' drumming have I come across drummers that are that sloppy, out of time, stylistically inappropriate (and no, it isn't mate). There's no conversation necessary there - that isn't progressive drumming and even if it isn't, it's terrible whatever it is.

The reason why I'm singling out a drummer that made that much of a &%^$ up is because it's him and him alone that &%^$ed up. Whatever he thought he was doing, he wasn't doing it well. The fact that he tried it and had the faintest sense of the vocabulary suggests to me it wasn't his first time behind a kit, even if he couldn't play it. He's not some kid with a fragile ego, sometimes the truth is much kinder than blowing somebody's smoke up their arse. Which seems to me is exactly what you want - smoke up your arse.
I'm glad you justified your opinion, I'm also glad to hear you listen to proggrssive music!
Sloppy drummer or not, style is a different category. You said "If by 'Progressive' you mean inappropriate, out of time, too loud, sloppy and distracting then you're bang on" I don't consider progressive drumming sloppy or out of time. I said what I said a few posts ago because I can tell he has a progressive approach, whether he's sloppy or not. My point was also that it was such a big deal because a lot people weren't fond of the style over a church song. I say that because I saw the article headlining "metal drummer plays oceans" or whatever. Just another typical situation where christians were offended by metal.

As to you singling out the drummer (even though you can't justify this being 100% his fault considering his other video shows that he knows how to keep time) go ahead and say whatever you please. Go ahead and blame it all on him, he's the drummer and the drums sounded terrible (like the rest of song) just do it in a good manner. I already wrote a fat paragraph up there about how everyone should criticise instead of just saying he sucks. It doesn't have anything to do with ego or feelings, just simple manners and having more of a point to a statement than something that has been said already.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Silver Member

I agree, the drummer is fine. But the girl's singing really does not work for the song. And the cross is the wrong way up.
;)
Old 10-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by picodon View Post
I agree, the drummer is fine. But the girl's singing really does not work for the song. And the cross is the wrong way up.
;)
Correct :)