DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 09-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Silver Member

Default Help with Garageband urgently needed!

I've had this plan for a while to record and film some drum covers, many of you have no doubt seen many other people do so and post their videos on youtube. I have a camera and song choices but just need to get the click tracks onto the songs.

The best, quickest and easiest way i can think of doing this from home is to import the MP3's of the songs into garageband, set up the click, and then bounce the file down and send it back to iTunes as an MP3 with the click on it too.

I've done it before and is easy enough, but since i had my laptop fixed many applications have been erased and i can/t figure out how to get Garageband back besides downloading, which most of the time, works with only certain versions of iLife.

Is there anyway to get it back from the computer memory? Surely there must be, my step dad did it before and there was all sorts on there.

xoxo
Old 09-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Help with Garageband urgently needed!

I would assume if they did a re-format on the hard drive, then you'd have to buy another copy of iLife to get Garageband back. Unless you can locate the install DVD you were supposed to have. The latest system software packages no longer include iLife.

But it's not a bad $59 spent.