DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 09-02-2014, 08:48 PM

Default Dales Drum Shop October 4th. Sonor Hang and Expo Roll Call!

Letsís do a roll call for this awesome event on October 4th. Just need to know if you are coming and what gear you are bringing and will you be attending the dinner the night of event? I am hoping that people will bring their Sonor sets, and snares. BTW you donít need to bring gear to attend! I want this expo to showcase Sonor drums form the 60ís to the present. It would be awesome to have them all in one place. It will give folks a rare opportunity to get a chance to check out a era or set you have been thinking about. Dales is open 10:00-6:00 on Saturday. They will open an hour early for anyone who wants to load in early. You can come in throughout the day with your gear if you can't get their early. You can also leave your gear in the store and pick it up Sunday if you are staying in a near by hotel so itís in a safe place. We also wanted to do a dinner afterwards and wanted to invite forum members to meet and hang out.

Sonor will be here with some very cool gear for everyone to check out and play .This is a great opportunity to put a face to the name. We all read and write on the forum, but never had a place to meet. We will have give aways and hook ups for all attending. Please feel free to contact Dan Grabski at Dales Drum Shop or me via pm or if you are a lurker at csaulino@hotmail.com for for details about the event. Details on lodging are below here

Hotels in Harrisburg near Dales and the best prices

http://www.trivago.com/?aDateRange%5Bar ... map=false&

Dales drum shop is at 4440 Fritchey St, Harrisburg, PA 17109
This is your opportunity to share some of your collection and discuss everything SONOR. I think it's going to be a blast but need everyone's participation to be a success.

Chris
Old 09-13-2014, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Dales Drum Shop October 4th. Sonor Hang and Expo Roll Call!

Still hoping that people will reply to this message that they are attending.
Chris
Old 09-27-2014, 09:24 PM

Update from e-blast I got from Dales

"Join us at the shop next Saturday October 4th 10-6 for Sonor Day at Dale's! This is gonna be a blast!

There will be Sonor enthusiasts from all over with Sonor gear to show and sell! Dale's will also have a lot of unique gear brought in by Sonor especially for this event. It's worth the trip just to see the hand-painted SQ2 Nebula set in person! And, if you ever thought about owning this beauty, the price will never be better than it will be on the 4th!

This will be a great opportunity to see a huge selection of Sonor's amazing German-made drums - old and new - all under one roof! Sonor personnel will be here too!

If you have an interesting piece of Sonor gear, bring it in and show it off! Call for more details!

-ALL Cymbals in stock will be well-below our normal low discount price.

-Select manufacturers' HARDWARE, including Sonor, will be at BLOWOUT pricing.

-Extra-special pricing on all drum heads in stock!"

SQ2 6x14 HI Med Maple In/Out Am Walnut
SQ2 5x14 Semi Vintage Birch Am Walnut
SQ2 5.5x14 Hi Med Beech Silky Oak
Old 09-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Platinum Member

Sounds good for locals. Will you have any online stuff?
Old 10-03-2014, 01:20 PM

Call in and find out. It's all day tomorrow.
Chris
Old 10-03-2014, 01:34 PM

I would love to do this... but I'm playing tomorrow night so unfortunately I'm out.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:01 PM

Hello, I looked up the address online and all I saw were residential houses.
Old 10-03-2014, 03:05 PM

It's located in a residential neighborhood
www.dalesdrumshop.com
Old 10-06-2014, 10:00 PM

The event was a blast and I had a great time. It was a pleasure meeting Gary (gsonor). He brought he bop phonics kit, matching snare and a 5x14 ferro. He also brought a 26-inch zildjian vintage a ride cymbal that was delicious. Had such a sweat sound and it wobbled like crazy.
Gary is an awesome dude. It was great hanging out with him for the day. Other people from other forums showed up. I think that people who hadn't seen these kits were impressed and most said that they had come to them out because they are such big fans but of yet to hear any.

Will from Sonor USA was there and had this crazy box filled with parts from Sonor. It had slices of each shell thickness, lugs, everything. He was extremely knowledgeable about Sonor drums and a great guy to talk to. Look for the one of a kind snare drum to become an annual occurrence. He also said that great stuff is coming out and Namm which he could not tell me plus a new sq2 configuration website will replace the old one. This one will be like creating a 3d model of the sq2 kit and seeing it on screen. Seems very cool.

I played the nebula kit which sounds like a medium maple kit (shocker!) but it's a 15k kit and looks like a million bucks. They apparently can do this with any photo and have it painted into a kit. It's very beautiful.

The one of the kind tiger wood snare was a really nice snare. Played it with Gary's kit and it was a powerful heavy beech shell that was sensitive dry and beautiful. They bought two logs and only had so much veneer for each snare.

We are going to do it again next year so I am looking forward to it. Got great Sonor swag as well! The people at Dales Drum Shop are the nicest and people you will ever meet. They are also big Sonor fans. A BIG THANK YOU to Dan Grabski and everyone else at Dales for hosting such an awesome event.

Chris

(Forgot to takes pics of my kit)

(Gary’s kit)

(Gary’s 26 inch Zildjian A!)

(Forgot to take pics of my kits! Other folks pics of my kits!)

(Free Swag I got from the event!)

(American Walnut hi gloss inner/outer bass drum shell given to me at the event! What am I going to with this thing!)

Last edited by Hazelwood7; 10-06-2014 at 10:14 PM.