Roland TD4 volume too low

Bertmiller

Hello all,
New to this forum and need some advice. Just got a Roland TD4-KX2 and playing with headphones. I have the volume dial turned up all the way, also plugged in the side, and it's not very loud. Also the snare only sound when I hit the rim or Vdrum logo on the head. I appreciate any advice.

make sure all your cables are good, plugged in correctly and all the way.

do a factory reset on the brain

Take it back if it's new. Mine is deafening if you turn the headphones all the way. So something is wrong. The headphones plug straight into the brain, if all the pads/cymbals are quiet then it's the brain at fault. Before you send it back try another set of headphones first!!!

Cheers
Davo

Try different headphones if you have them. Some may match the E-kits impedance better than other or have a higher sensitivity.

Dennis

Try different headphones if you have them. Some may match the E-kits impedance better than other or have a higher sensitivity.

Dennis

Right. I don't know if the TD-4 has the same headphone output level as the TD-9 but I solved the same problem for that module by using a headphone amp.

Never heard of someone needing a headphone amp for a Roland although I do know that really hi-end headphones need more volume to drive them. I use DJ Sennheiser phones HD 25-1 II on my TD12 and the reproduction is really good.

Davo

Back