iDrumTech confusion.

Duffy

I downloaded the iDrumTech app for drum tuning.

The first thing I did was erroneously mess up the "Vision" preset for tuning my Vision set. I somehow deleted all the pre programmed variables and frequencies, etc., thinking that I was adding my set to the active tuning view; when in fact I was about to manually add a completely unlisted new drum set.

Doing this you have to manually add all the variables for each drum you have. This was very confusing and I have not added any of the variables for my drums. I want to use the presets.

I emailed the dudes at the app development contact, as they ask you to do and only got vague instructions on how to get my drum set presets back into the list of drum kits. I'm not sure if I got charged the app fee of about four dollars each time I tried getting these presets back in (about four reinstalls) or not. Probably so.

Then I don't get any follow up answers from the iDrumTech dudes when I ask them to help me get this straightened out.

So, they ask you to be kind enough to let them help you solve any problems by contacting them before slamming their product - and then they don't follow thru and get back to me with a usable solution that I could get to work.

On my own volition I downloaded the complete drum set that I have that they have listed for optional downloads for two dollars, approx. Hopefully this will help me tune my drums, but to be honest, I think I'll just be doing my tuning by ear like always before, until I buy the esteemed "TuneBot" for a hundred dollars.

I have not up to this point been impressed with the dudes from iDrumTech because they did not help me out like they said they would when they asked me to contact them with any problems before posting about problems anywhere.

What's up with this? Am I just a dumb %uck or something because I can't figure out what they are talking about in their email responses? Or is this mainly some sort of vague scam that is designed to mess up and require you to do multiple re-installs in order to get it right. Mine is still not right and my Vision set does not show up like it initially did. I think this is because when you update the app there is a different Pearl Session kit in there instead of the Vision.

Plus there are only eight or nine drum sets listed, of all the hundreds of drum sets people might have, as presets - with the tuning info needed to easily tune your drums.

It looks like a weak program and I wish I would have saved my money and waited to get a "real" TuneBot electronic drum tuning device.

Others may have great results with this app. They didn't hold up there end of the deal with me, which has me thinking that they probably have not done so for a lot of other people either.

I would carefully investigate this drum tuning app before buying it if I was one of the many who are possibly thinking about buying this app. It may be that a lot more people besides me have been let down by this operation.

Good luck to you if you are happy with this product and are having success with it;

Hi Duffy,

First, I want to say thank you for purchasing the iDrumTech for $4.99 (if it was at that price when you bought it). I'm sure you find a power packed tool for less than a cup of coffee in your hands.

I want to help you resolve this matter with your Presets. Here's some steps you can perform:

1. You can reset or reload the app. Delete it from your device and reinstall from the App Store. You won't be charged twice, Apple or Google will tell you that you've already purchased once you login with the account you originally bought it with. Beware there is an issue with IOS6 right now and we advise you to hold off on upgrading for about a week until version 2.1.2 comes out. If you're on IOS7 then you should be golden.

2. Once you reload the App, you can restore any purchases by simply going to the Drum Shop - "Restore Purchases" or try to re-purchase the kit you bought if you purchased a preset pack. Apple again will prompt you after you authenticate to that you've already bought the app.

3. If you have iCloud backups enabled, your data should be restored via those iCloud procedures.

4. If all else fails, you can contact Apple, Request a FULL refund and uninstall the app. There are several more expensive, less functional apps you can try. I respect all apps and developers, so we are even offering Dr Rob Toulson's iDrumTune download codes as an interim solution while we find ways to improve the app. All you have to do is contact me: support [A_T] iDrumTech [dot] com and I will be happy to assist you.

My apologies for any issues this has caused. With the recent Android release, this small team has been through the wringer lately. We are working on several things at once and if things got busy, meant no disrespect to you my drum brother. I'll make this up to you and provide you with some solution to get you drum tuning if I possibly can.

Thanks for your patience Duffy! Contact me, let's fix this!

iDRUM TECH is the best app out there IMO, have it on my iPhone... and yes, only $4.99.

More stuff then you need, will use?? Maybe, but its there when you're ready, no brainer.

Check out/see what else is out there. You'll be buying iDRUM Tech.

Hi Duffy,

First, I want to say thank you for purchasing the iDrumTech for $4.99 (if it was at that price when you bought it). I'm sure you find a power packed tool for less than a cup of coffee in your hands.

I want to help you resolve this matter with your Presets. Here's some steps you can perform:

1. You can reset or reload the app. Delete it from your device and reinstall from the App Store. You won't be charged twice, Apple or Google will tell you that you've already purchased once you login with the account you originally bought it with. Beware there is an issue with IOS6 right now and we advise you to hold off on upgrading for about a week until version 2.1.2 comes out. If you're on IOS7 then you should be golden.

2. Once you reload the App, you can restore any purchases by simply going to the Drum Shop - "Restore Purchases" or try to re-purchase the kit you bought if you purchased a preset pack. Apple again will prompt you after you authenticate to that you've already bought the app.

3. If you have iCloud backups enabled, your data should be restored via those iCloud procedures.

4. If all else fails, you can contact Apple, Request a FULL refund and uninstall the app. There are several more expensive, less functional apps you can try. I respect all apps and developers, so we are even offering Dr Rob Toulson's iDrumTune download codes as an interim solution while we find ways to improve the app. All you have to do is contact me: support [A_T] iDrumTech [dot] com and I will be happy to assist you.

My apologies for any issues this has caused. With the recent Android release, this small team has been through the wringer lately. We are working on several things at once and if things got busy, meant no disrespect to you my drum brother. I'll make this up to you and provide you with some solution to get you drum tuning if I possibly can.

Thanks for your patience Duffy! Contact me, let's fix this!

Okay, thanks. This is the type of support that you guys said I should expect from your product support team. I'm glad you got involved here to help me out. I will be contacting you and trying that "restore purchases" move.

I want to give this app a chance. I hope you guys can assist me because some of the instructions are ambiguous.

Thanks again and I will be getting in touch with you.

All of this and I'm recovering from cataract surgery I had this past Tuesday. Ha, ha. You can imagine how hard this is. I will keep trying to get the "Vision" drum set back into the list of presets.

Okay, thanks. This is the type of support that you guys said I should expect from your product support team. I'm glad you got involved here to help me out. I will be contacting you and trying that "restore purchases" move.

I want to give this app a chance. I hope you guys can assist me because some of the instructions are ambiguous.

Thanks again and I will be getting in touch with you.

All of this and I'm recovering from cataract surgery I had this past Tuesday. Ha, ha. You can imagine how hard this is. I will keep trying to get the "Vision" drum set back into the list of presets.

No worries. I hope your eyes feel better and you can see soon. Luckily iDrumTech is far more than a Visual Tuner... the Headphone Isolation Mode and Tone Generator are your best friends when you route the tone you're tuning to, plus the microphone through the iDrumTech via these modes. When you're doing this, and you start to tune, you'll start to feel a physical effect happen. This lets you know when you are tuned, and your body will remember it.

The visual numbers again, are just a reference and you'll notice several frequencies flashing across your screen. Use your ears when you tune with iDrumTech. I notice you have a Guitar in your profile picture. This very concept I described is the first tuner to ever allow you to truly tune like harmonic tuning on a guitar "12th fret tuning?".

Good luck man, we'll get you sorted. Glad we could have a friendly discussion.

And yet another positive aspect of forums, the opportunity for the manufacturer to step forward and help make things right.

Thanks for the explanation iDrumTech, I will certainly consider your app in the future. :)

Bermuda

And yet another positive aspect of forums, the opportunity for the manufacturer to step forward and help make things right.

Thanks for the explanation iDrumTech, I will certainly consider your app in the future. :)

Bermuda

Thank you Bermuda. As always DrummerWorld has been a respected site in my mind. A rock solid source of information. Now that you're moderating the forums, it has grown prestigious even further. Thank you for taking the time out between tours!! I look forward to seeing and interviewing you again in the future!

Duffy,

In respect to the Presets questions, here's a great video to teach you how to build your own presets. You mentioned in a negative way the 8 drum kits that ship with the app. There's a dozen in-depth videos on how to use iDrumTech inside the App, and more are planned to be filmed with all the updated features. The app also has the "Drum Shop" with over 15 free kits to download instantly with no login, and then there's the In-App kits that were professionally tuned with iDrumTech. There's over 100 kits I believe that you can download, and some are purchase options due to the 5 hours it takes to prepare the kit for you to download.

iDrumTech has so many features I could write a book right here on DrummerWorld.com and it'd take days. The manual has all the info you need backed by the FREE in-app library of videos on how to tune your drums, build presets, use features and more. I've tried my best to educate you on my years of professional experience at no cost to you really... $4.99 is a complete bargain for all the education and tools, not to mention dimmable flashlight this app has.

One more thing, I know iOS 6 is broken. I've been sidetracked with some business-side issues of iDrumTech right after the Android launch (which is stable now) and have been backed up tremendously in an effort to derail this app by an outside force. I obviously can't speak of the details, but it's all over google, youtube, and I am afraid is going to hit other media outlets soon. A tech war has been struck upon us, and I'm trying to be respectful to all parties and lay low until my legal team is finished with the lengthy response. I am deeply saddened, and again, I'm trying to keep up with you all and the rave behind this app. 43k users on facebook, a small team behind a powerful concept. Hang in there again. I'm working on it.

Here's a Preset Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5GI_gTrU_w

Here's a Drum Tuning video with the modes I've been mentioning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qtxy74k59E

User manual: http://idrumtech.com/manual-2.0.pdf

The iDrumTech App is also available in French and Spanish. I'll provide a link to those manuals as well if you'd like.

Thanks!

iDrumTech issue - anyone else having problems

I can't get the app to open anymore. I downloaded an update recently, but had not opened the app in a couple of weeks. I just deleted it and reinstalled it and it still wont open.

I tried to send an email through their website, but it seems to not want to go through from their website.

Anyone have suggestions or another way to contact the company besides Facebook?

Thanks,

Last edited:
Re: iDrumTech issue - anyone else having problems

I can't get the app to open anymore. I downloaded an update recently, but had not opened the app in a couple of weeks. I just deleted it and reinstalled it and it still wont open.

I tried to send an email through their website, but it seems to not want to go through from their website.

Anyone have suggestions or another way to contact the company besides Facebook?

Thanks,

Hi, there's a bug for ios6 right now. We have put in a new version that fixes this and we have asked Apple to expedite the review. It should be any day now and it'll be functional again. My sincere apologies!

Hi, there's a bug for ios6 right now. We have put in a new version that fixes this and we have asked Apple to expedite the review. It should be any day now and it'll be functional again. My sincere apologies!

OK - thanks for the heads up.

OK - thanks for the heads up.

The new version was approved by Apple's stringent review program. We're all clear and the update should be good for your IOS6. Sorry about that!! Be sure to download some FREE kits via the Drum Shop under Presets!

The Version 2.1.1 has been released this evening.

The new version was approved by Apple's stringent review program. We're all clear and the update should be good for your IOS6. Sorry about that!! Be sure to download some FREE kits via the Drum Shop under Presets!

Great. Thanks.

Is there a way to preview the sound of the kits prior to purchasing the download?

One thing to keep in mind is that the presets are just one tuning that somebody thought sounded good on that drum kit. Your style of playing, choice of heads and sticks, weather, etc, might make you want to tune differently.

As far as I can tell, most of the information you can enter for your drum presets - like shell material, drum size, head selection, etc - have nothing to do with the tuning calculation. It appears that the fundamental, sustain, and reso/no-reso are the only parameters that actually affect the tuning frequencies. Reso higher or reso lower just switches the same frequencies between the batter and reso heads.

How about a 528hz tuning option? Yes even drummers are going there.

iDrumTech would be the first.

I've tried iDrumTune, Drum-Tuner, and iDrumTech, and iDrumTech is my favorite tuning app.

The 2.1 breakage was nasty and unfortunate, but they got on it and had a fix pretty quickly.

I think of it as an augmentation and reality checker for my tuning, not a replacement for tuning by ear.

I had to first develop a solid basic technique, and iDrumTech helped fine tune that.

I haven't watched all the instructional videos, but they may be what someone needs to develop basic tuning skills.

I've tried iDrumTune, Drum-Tuner, and iDrumTech, and iDrumTech is my favorite tuning app.

I think of it as an augmentation and reality checker for my tuning, not a replacement for tuning by ear.

Its exactly that. You always tune with your ear and the app is a reference to show you how close you are to desired tuning that's been stored.

That's all you really use these apps/tuners for, something to store tunings on and for me its only tunings that I myself arrive at and like. Im not really that interested in what others have arrived at, as in the presets.

One thing that has just become apparent to me is that I have been hitting way too hard when using these apps.

As soft as I can tap and still have the mic pick up the note is best. Hitting too hard will cause the jumping around in frequency that is the big drawback for me when using these analyzers.

Back