682 E-Drums?

sXeDanimalsXe

So, there are some banners on this here site about these guys. Has anyone tried the acoustic triggers? I have mesh heads on my starclassics with the Roland RT triggers w/ a TD12 and it's not working very well. I think it's because the triggers are to far from the center and the mesh heads don't vibrate enough on the outer edge where the triggers are.
Let me know if you have had any experience with 682 drums!

I haven't actually tried them, but I've been extremely curious about these too! The videos look convincing, but I did a google search and came up with no discussions or anything about these guys.

The mesh heads did get good reviews, but it's the triggers that really interest me.

I haven't actually tried them, but I've been extremely curious about these too! The videos look convincing, but I did a google search and came up with no discussions or anything about these guys.

The mesh heads did get good reviews, but it's the triggers that really interest me.

Same here. Maybe I'll venture out and order a 14 and try it on a snare. That's usually the make or break on a E-Drum product.

I had a kit made from "Jobeky"...looks like an acoustic kit, but it has the triggers built in - plays very much like an acoustic kit. Miles better than the Roland mesh pads. And works really well with my TD20KX. It's not the same as my acoustic kit - but it's the closest I've ever got!

I just ordered the dual zone 682 drum triggers so we will see together. gonna use them with a 2 Box module ordered from gc and an acoustic to electric, no holes drilled conversion, on my 45 year old ludwigs and being distributed to USA through tama. I will let you know. I think to get all out of a roland module you could use these with the center cones and get all your module has out it with these or center cone triggers from quartz percussion ,com

Not too sure whether there's much of a difference between the piezos used by 682Drums versus anyone else, but I can attest to the quality of the conversion materials they provided me for my Alesis e-kit. The cones are of higher quality than the foam I could find in stores and are well milled. Using their kit, I was able to convert my stock drum pads -- which used mylar heads and a reflection plate type trigger -- to mesh heads with a cone trigger. Prices are reasonable too, here's a video I did to demonstrate the cone converted pads versus other mesh head mods on my DM10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycOgYZHo2lI

- Reggae Mangle

Back