DW 3000 Beaters?

DW 3000 beaters are heavy and i mean heavy. They have a great attack and all but i was able to go faster on my 1980's yammmie pedal. IS it the beaters or is it me because i used to be able to do heel toe like a beast now i cant do it at all. I'm thinking of getting Tama wood beaters so i can get that all that remains, a7x , adtr sound out of my kit.
Ill upload pics of my kit soon thanks again forum!!!!

They likely feel heavy because they're heavier than what you were kicking on your Yammie. However, after pushing a pair of Danmar red wood beaters for several years, I can tell you they're not close to that heavy. You always do have the option to go to a lighter beater, but you might miss out on some attack. You can play with the beater angle and try and compensate for the weight and fly of the pedal too. Play around with it before you get too upset.

I love ADTR! I helped my friend get this sound almost perfectly! We cut up a bed pillow, and took another one.
1) Lay the intact pillow down in the bass to where about 3 inches is sticking up on the batter head.
2) Take all the material in the pillow (Cotton, feathers, etc...) and pile it up on top of the pillow. Tape the intact pillow down and put one or two pieces of tape on the pillow material.
3) Tune the batter tighter than usual, same with resonant.
4) Go buy a kickpad (Falam Slam, Kick Pad, etc...) and stick it on there.
5) Use the hard plastic side of your beater on this.
6) (OPTIONAL) If you would like to install a port (or already have one) put the cotton under the pillow and secure with some tape so that it is pushing up against the batter head with about 3 inches sticking up.
Don't Forget! Lightweight stuff will move in your bass, such as the material in a pillow, so tape it down a bit.
I hope I helped, and I know that it worked for my friend! His bass is killer!!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice i did tighten my batter and reso head and the blankets a long time ago its not the sound im looking for already got that downfall of us all kick . Im just wondering why i cant double kick as well and when i do i can barely hear it.

Thanks for the advice i did tighten my batter and reso head and the blankets a long time ago its not the sound im looking for already got that downfall of us all kick . Im just wondering why i cant double kick as well and when i do i can barely hear it.

I have the DW beaters on my DW pedal and it just takes getting use to. After you use the pedal for a while you will be able to go faster.

AH! OK!
Well thats what my friend was looking for (That song specifically).
Sorry I couldn't help.

Back