100 000 members

bernhard

Founder Drummerworld
Staff member
We surpassed the mark of 100'000 members - this is great

I thank ARKY for his hard work to maintain the forum clean and keeping away the spammers. I also thank Bermuda and Gruntersdad for their work.

But of course i also thank you all members for your contributions and activities.

Again: many thanks - i'm so proud of you all!!!!

Bernhard

well! That's a lot of drummers. I feel like I do more taking than giving here. I'm glad this forum is here. Thank you.

A most excellent website, Mr Bernhard. Keep up the good work! And a big thanks to the mods that make this place a spam-free and happy environment.

Thank you Benhard for this great site. The best drum site on the net.

I go to coast now....

i'm so proud of you all!!!!

Bernhard
So proud to be associated with you too Bernhard. Really, you've changed my life, & mostly in a positive way ;)

Pity I can't thank you in person at the official Drummerworld meeting at the London Drum Show :( The drumming press will be featuring our members (not sure if that's a wise move though)

You deserve all the congratulations, Bernhard.

You've created an well- knit, mostly civilized, online community of drummers which is far more integrated than anything else i've ever experienced on the internet. The vibe is so powerful that it is often leaking offline as well, with so many meetings and get togethers that have happened over the years that ive been here.

Right from my connection with Katman in Cape Town, South Africa some years ago, to Andy's upcoming jambouree in London, these are real relationships that have come out of this website which is such a wealth of drummerology.

You and the mods should take a bow.

Congrats to Bernhard and crew (past and present).​

That's 100,000 current members? Or does that include a certain person's 115 identities? :)

If the former then please best note that there's two of me ... which brings you back to 999,999 ;-)

Whatever, this forum is the most pleasant, benign, low attitude online place I have been. There's even people willing to play with me when I'm ruminating about life, the universe and everything (onya Mr Insane Polack and Reggae Mangle!). It's a credit especially to you, Bernhard, as well as the mods past and present and the rest of us drummers.

It's cool how the forum has leached into real life for a number of us.

... which brings you back to 999,999 ;-)

Minus Stick's 132 attempts at acceptance. You can also subtract Tommy the seatbelt wearing, milk avoiding, beaver brother's numerous incarnations while we're at it. And of course my old mate Mediocre Funky Bacteria in the egg Yoke Fiend has racked up more than a few honourable repeat mentions too. :)

Congrats Bernhard. A great effort for a great website. So glad for the opportunity to be part of it.

Minus Stick's 132 attempts at acceptance. You can also subtract Tommy the seatbelt wearing, milk avoiding, beaver brother's numerous incarnations while we're at it. And of course my old mate Mediocre Funky Bacteria in the egg Yoke Fiend has racked up more than a few honourable repeat mentions too. :)
& don't forget Bongo John :)

Anyhow, I note we are now over 104,000 members, so that takes account of the multiple personality transients & still keeps us above 100,000 ;)

Fabulous accomplishment and I echo the thoughts of all the comments before mine.

Here's a question though... Of the 100K+ members, is it possible to know how many of those are "active" ? Perhaps haven't logged into DW in the last 3 years or so?

Just curious if those kinds of stats are tracked or available.

Anyways... Back to the celebration.....

Imagining what someone new would make of this post. Most would probably shrug and think, "Oh well, he's Australian and probably can't help it" :)

Fabulous accomplishment and I echo the thoughts of all the comments before mine.

Here's a question though... Of the 100K+ members, is it possible to know how many of those are "active" ? Perhaps haven't logged into DW in the last 3 years or so?

Just curious if those kinds of stats are tracked or available.

I think about 1100 or so members visited in the last week.

Congrats Bernhard and thank YOU for such a wonderful site. I can honestly say that without the members here, I don't know if I'd still be drumming. What a wonderful place :)

Some of those are spam and Arky is hard at work clearing those out

Last edited:
Let me chime in to congrat Bernhard - and everybody - on this forum.
It has become quite a chunk of my everyday life by now.

Think of Matrix Revolutions and you have a vague idea of what's going on 'out there' in terms of the spam we're dealing with... haha.
Constant battle at the gates. Anyway, 100 000 members is an impressive benchmark indeed.

Back