Great Deal on Pearl Black Steel Piccolo

Not too bad of a deal. You did save money and its a pretty versatile little drum. I would encourage you to maybe look a little closer to some eBay and Craigslist deals. I got the exact same drum off eBay for $27 two years ago. Not saying you didn't get a good deal, but sometimes there are better ones out there.

Not too bad of a deal. You did save money and its a pretty versatile little drum. I would encourage you to maybe look a little closer to some eBay and Craigslist deals. I got the exact same drum off eBay for $27 two years ago. Not saying you didn't get a good deal, but sometimes there are better ones out there.
Thanks I do look at the craigs and ebay everyday. Thing is, this is new and I'll take new over used any day if the price is right.

Thanks I do look at the craigs and ebay everyday. Thing is, this is new and I'll take new over used any day if the price is right.

Haha, hard to argue with that. While there are plenty of deals on the used market its hard to beat the feeling of unboxing and knowing that you get to make the first strike outside of the factory.

Agreed. Although I will say the manager at the local gave my wife a hard time picking it up. You have to price match online through a phone number and buy it over the phone. You can pick up local if they have it in stock. They were giving her a hard time saying they did not have it in stock. But what they did not know was I was in the store yesterday and saw it. I knew right where it was. They tried pawning off a full size snare to her but I had her send me a pic. Finally the manager got on the phone and I explained that it was an online price match through the phone and the snare was 3 from the left on the bottom row. lol. Then I got the "Oh there it is, sorry about all the confusion." even worse for the guy was the store doesn't charge tax to military. I'm military and because they gave my wife such a run around I pushed the issue and well, no tax. lol.

I just played it and I have to say it's a true sounding piccolo. Many of the others I have heard over the years just sound like a smaller version of a full size. This sounds like it should. I had to stop, playing as it's getting late and the boy needs to go to bed. But I'll lay down tonight next to the best woman in the world. One who will not leave a store after 1 hour of BS for her mans item. And hell I got to play the snare I always wanted on my kit. It's like birthday night for me boys :)

Man, I hate Guitar Center and their "bait and switch" tactics. I went to GC today at lunch time to buy a bass guitar gig bag and some new strings for my 22 y/o's birthday (the 14th). They had a gig bag on clearance for $4 (in store only). Got there and it was "Oh, we don't have that in stock, but we DO have this Roadrunner for $40!" And they didn't have the strings I needed either.

Hello Amazon! All the items I needed with free 2 day shipping. Cost me $20 for the gig bag, but no hassle or run around and will still have everything in time for the birthday.

(sorry for the necro post. didn't look at the date.)

Last edited:
I'm glad JC Penney listed the specs as 13 x 13 x 3. If it were 13 x ? x 3 I probably wouldnt buy it.

Damn $27 that guy must have been an idiot, Ebay took $10 of that, must have been hard up for a dime bag. That wasnt worth the trouble of shipping. They are nice I got a free floater in 14x3.5 on Ebay used/excellent condition for $160 and it sounds great. You will like it Fman it makes a nice back up or side snare. Tuned tight its got lots of crack and loud rim shots, at least mine does.

Agreed. Although I will say the manager at the local gave my wife a hard time picking it up. You have to price match online through a phone number and buy it over the phone. You can pick up local if they have it in stock. They were giving her a hard time saying they did not have it in stock. But what they did not know was I was in the store yesterday and saw it. I knew right where it was. They tried pawning off a full size snare to her but I had her send me a pic. Finally the manager got on the phone and I explained that it was an online price match through the phone and the snare was 3 from the left on the bottom row. lol. Then I got the "Oh there it is, sorry about all the confusion." even worse for the guy was the store doesn't charge tax to military. I'm military and because they gave my wife such a run around I pushed the issue and well, no tax. lol.

I just played it and I have to say it's a true sounding piccolo. Many of the others I have heard over the years just sound like a smaller version of a full size. This sounds like it should. I had to stop, playing as it's getting late and the boy needs to go to bed. But I'll lay down tonight next to the best woman in the world. One who will not leave a store after 1 hour of BS for her mans item. And hell I got to play the snare I always wanted on my kit. It's like birthday night for me boys :)

Congrats! I've got the same. It's probably the most inspiring part of my kit. It smells sooo funky!

This post is from June. I don't think that is that great of a price, I see those going used for less than half of what the OP paid all the time.

I once had a Pearl Maple Piccolo, worst drum I ever owned. I could never get it to sound right. Sold it and never looked back.

Back