Help A Poor Country Boy Post A Pic !

Velocette

I'm using this section as everyone's encouraged to post their pics, so I know that ya'll are accomplished posters of pics.

When I attempt to post a pic, I click on the 'Insert Image' symbol, and a Drummer World pop up asks me to insert an URL. I have many pics on my pc, none of them appear to have a URL, I thought that URL's are internet address's?

So what am I doing wrong? . . .how do I get a pic from my desktop, or pictures folders (something I've done many times before posting on other websites).

Normally your given the choice of browsing through what exists on your pc or lap top, then you just click on 'Open' and it's uploaded.

But not so here! . . . . . . .please help this poor country boy!

Many, many thanks!

Hit the 'manage attachments' button, down below where you type the text in. That will open another popup box. Then select the picture and click upload. If its too big you will need to resize it in ms paint by going to 'stretch/skew' under one of the menus up top.

Hit the 'manage attachments' button, down below where you type the text in. That will open another popup box. Then select the picture and click upload. If its too big you will need to resize it in ms paint by going to 'stretch/skew' under one of the menus up top.

I'm Indebted to you Dre25! . . .thank you very much . . .us poor country boys never had the benefit of further education like you city slickers!

I can catch a catfish with my feet, but would never have thought of using the 'manage attachments' button, even though it's very name suggests it might be helpful . .doh!

Many thanks !!!

When uploading, if it says the file sizes are too big, you'll have to resize the pics.

I use http://picresize.com/ , just click on "quick resize" or "multiple pics" and make it 75% smaller and that should do the trick

You got the part that your image file must be a .jpg, right? And you need to keep them under 100k for size.

Whatever image editor you have, just re-size the picture until it is well under 100k, save it to your desktop as a .jpg file and then you can upload it from there. That's how I do it.

You don't have to physically re-size the picture either, just go into it and change the 'dpi' settings. For example, if it's a printable file, it'll be 300 dpi. If you change that to 72 dpi, it'll shrink it down but it will keep it's same physical size (i.e., if you made it a 5x7 to begin with, it will stay that size). To post a picture on a computer screen doesn't require all those dots that you would need if you were going to make a print on paper with it.

I hope I just didn't confuse you even more ;)

Or, simply upload your photos to Photobucket or another photo manager. Once done, select IMG, copy and paste into your post. Viola.

Back