Questions about Alesis DM6 and Double Pedal on it

Pedroo

Hey everybody!
I'm looking foward to buy an Alesis DM6 Electronic Drumset as my very first drumset and I got some questions about it.

Sooo, I'm into Metal so I will need double bass in it for whenever I learn how to play it. That being said, I'd like to ask some stuff below:

1 - Would the Double Pedal PDP DP402 or PDP DP502 fit on the Alesis DM6 standard Kick Pad? Asking that because for what I have searched, the kick pad of this drumset is not too big and I'm kinda afraid of one of the beaters don't beat the pad...

2 - If the option 1 doesn't work, I would then buy another bigger Kick Pad, from another brand, so that I could use Double Pedals on it. Is it possible on Alesis DM6? Does it support another brand's stuff? For example... a Simmons Kick Pad? (even though I know this brand is not thaaat good, this kick pad is way too big and would fit for sure double pedal)

3 - Does the Alesis DM6 have an extra output, or something for me to put another Kick Pad so I can have 2 Kick Pads with 2 Single Pedals? That would be my last hope if the kick pad doesn't fit double pedal because of its size.

Thanks in advance and sorry if my questions are stupid... I'm new to the Drum World :p

I can answer 2 and 3:
2. As long as it's a trigger pad - it will work.
3. You don't need another input, just a simple Y cable/adapter.

Ok thanks for the info.
Does anyone know the question 1? If the Alesis DM6's Kick Pad will fit the double pedal I mentioned?

I don't know about the Alesis model, but I have a Roland TD-9 which has a pretty small kick pad and I can use a double pedal on that. Using a double pedal does require adjustment of the pad sensitivity though, as the beaters are not hitting the pad dead centre. In any case, it works very well.

Back