Megadeth

darknessdude16

Hi all,

Okay so I know they've been around since the early 80's but I've just really started listening to Megadeth and really liking what I've heard so far so what im after now is, what are the best songs and albums, in your opinion that I can download from iTunes to get a proper taste before I go out and buy albums?

No doubt this will turn into a conversation about the Megadeth/Metallica issue lol

Adam x

No doubt this will turn into a conversation about the Megadeth/Metallica issue lol

Haha, the 2 are inseparable. They are like peanut butter and jelly.. 2 totally different taste, different textures and they go hand in hand.

Megadeth started off in the speed/thrash metal days. Megadeths sound has changed over the years. If your looking for good Megadeth that shows the diversity in thier music check out the albums "Peace Sells, But Whos Buying ", "So far, So good, So What", "Rust In Peace" and "Countdown To Extinction."

To this day Countdown to Extinction is still my favorite. Check out thier Wikipedia page for some good reading ---> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Megadeth

I think its good for the younger generation to check out where thier favorite metal bands got thier inspiration, cuz Megadeth is more than likely one of them.

I'm a huge Megadeth fan. Countdown to Extinction, Hangar 18, Peace Sells, Killing is My Buissness, and even United Abominations are all great albums.

I'm going to see them with Children of Bodom, In Flames, Job For a Cowboy (I hate them) and some other band on Gigantour! Yay!

BTW, their new guitarist is sick.

Songwise, check out

Peave Sells
Sweating Bullets
Mechanix
Symphony of Destruction
Hangar 18
Killing is my Buissness
Tornado of Souls
And many more

And if you eventually REALLY REALLY REALLY like Megadeth, go buy the warchest. It's a box with every song ever written by them.

Oh, and Rust in Peace...Polaris (2 differant sounds, both good) Are good too. I think Rust in Peace is an album, too.

Countdown to Extinction is the masterpiece and the classic line-up. It's a must have for any metal fan. All the tracks are great, but Captive Honor and Ashes in your Mouth stand out.

I suggest you check out the track "Holy Wars ..... The Punishment Due". One of my favorite metal songs.

Hmm...Megadeth...

Guitar: Yes.
Vocals: Not really.
Songs: Sometimes.
Production: No.

If you can get past Mustaines vocals, Megadeths a great band. Check out Countdown to Extinction, Holy Wars, Hangar 18, Mechanix (which is a 4 Horseman cover/tribute or something, never really got the deal with that), She Wolf, and Kill the King.

"Rust in Peace" and "Countdown to Extinction" - Is all youll ever need.

As for the albums they released after around 1992 - Try to imagine they never happened. :(

Dude ... some of their recent stuff is great! After 1992, let's see... I loved some of the stuff on "Cryptic Writings" and I really like "The System Has Failed". Some great metal on that album.

But yeah, some weak sauce as well, no question.

So far, So good......So what!

Has to be the best Megadeth album. R.I.P is also great. IMO they started to slide after R.I.P.

Killing is my business....And business is good. Blows. I mean, 'These boots are made for walking'!!!! Dave!!!! What were you thinking!!!

I still remember that day back in '94 when I walked into a local music store knowing spat about metal, and I wanted to listen to it so bad that I picked up an album that caught my eye: Countdown to Extinction by Megadeth.

Even though I don't listen to them that much nowadays, that album is the one that got me into metal, and there are no signs of ever quitting.

So yeah, everything from the 80's is a must listen, and, of course, Countdown.

Megadeth does nothing for me.

I just...

no.

Hmmmmm

The...why exactly are you here on this thread?
If you have no positive things for Megadeth, just don't post at all...

All due respect and everything, I just dont like it when people do that.

So far, So good......So what!

Has to be the best Megadeth album. R.I.P is also great. IMO they started to slide after R.I.P.

Killing is my business....And business is good. Blows. I mean, 'These boots are made for walking'!!!! Dave!!!! What were you thinking!!!

Why exactly does it blow? i is awesome speed metal dosent matter about the titles it about the songs

Peace Sells...But Who's Buying? and Rust In Peace, are the albums I really like.

Megadeth is a great band.

My favorite songs are...

Holy Wars... The Punishment Due
Symphony of Destruction
Hangar 18
Peace Sells... But Whos buying?
A tout le monde
Tornado of souls

Ok i'm going to buck the trend here, I think "youthinasia" is an excellent album. Of course I think rust in peace and countdown to exctinction are brilliant as well, but everyone has already mentioned them already lol. I also like listening to a lot of the songs off the latest 3 albums as well, "the system has failed", "United Abominations" and "Endgame". Maybe not your "classic" megadeth but i think they're good if you're into your metal music. Also got to agree about Dave, he really is the sort of vocalist you either hate, or can just about tolerate LOL.

Ok i'm going to buck the trend here, I think "youthinasia" is an excellent album.

I agree. Megadeth's sound did change over the years but they are still a great band. I love their early stuff but I like Cryptic Writings and A World Needs A Hero too. Even though I can pick out some things I like on it, Risk is probably my least favorite.

Back