Show us your '2 rack toms to the left of the bass' kits!

darknessdude16

Hi guys.

Apologies for the terrible thread title but I didnt know what else to call it. If there is a term thats used (i.e the way that 'bonzo kit' is used for well...the bonzo kit!) then please let me know so I can change it :)

But yeah I'm hopefully going to be setting up my new kit (when I get it!) in this way as I love the comfort of it and ease of playing that I feel it will give me.

If no-one has any idea what im talking about then i've attached a picture to show what i'm getting at.

Many thanks

Yours

Adam x

Attachments

• kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6,313
Something like this...

Birdviewright.jpg

Fantastic! Thanks mind_drummer.

Just one question, with the rack toms, are they on the same stand as the cymbal stand? or is there two stands? Im worried about doing this because of weight etc

Yours

Adam x

Fantastic! Thanks mind_drummer.

Just one question, with the rack toms, are they on the same stand as the cymbal stand? or is there two stands? Im worried about doing this because of weight etc

Yours

Adam x

I used the bass drum tom mount that attach both tom and clamp it to a cymbal stand with wide spreaded legs...

Okay thanks.

Do you also have the Splash attached to that stand? Does it ever wobble?

Is there any chance you can take a picture of the back of the stand for me?

Adam

Does this count?

DW_TB_BE.jpg

That's a great looking kit!

I am not completely versed in all things DW....so I have to ask:

That kick drum resonant "drum workshop" logo : was that factory or aftermarket? Is that a newer or older logo/font?

Close enough??...................

Attachments

• PA250031.JPG
    PA250031.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 6,118
. Man, I'm getting a lot of mileage from this pic...

It's worthy of being an album liner notes photo. The only thing missing: If it was grainy black and white, and there were beer bottles and a couple guitars strewn around the room.

Last edited:
There was a line that DW built for a little while. When they stopped some guy bought up a bunch of the bass drum reso heads. i got two of them for $20.00 if I remember correctly.

That is a Collectors series not a Drum Workshop series kit.

The workshop series was the predecessor to the Pacific line. They were made in the same factory as the Collectors series. they used the oval lugs like the Pacific kits now use and Keller shells. They are great kits. I see them every once in a while on ebay

Here's my contribution:

DSC04190.jpg

I have the racks mounted on a cymbal stand using one of those 3 way clamps.

Back