Selling used pedal... what should I get for it?

daredrummer

Gold Member
So I got a new double bass pedal and I'm selling my old one. I'm probably gonna sell it to one of two friends at school, but I've never sold a pedal so I need some help deciding what price I should give.

It's a used Gibraltar Avenger Double pedal (http://www.gibraltarhardware.com/?fa=detail&mid=214&sid=76&cid=26)
The retail price is $325 and the sale price is $160. I've played it for about a year and a half, and it still works very well. There's only 2 minimal problems....
I had to replace the screws that tighten the beater in, because no matter how tight they were, the beater kept sliding out. The new screws keep it in place, however if they are not tightened very very tight then the beater will slip out. But as long as it's very tight there is no problem.
The only other thing is there's a little ticking noise when you play it. I'm not entirely sure what it is, probably some internal structure that came loose. When moving the beater back and forth (without hitting the bass) it's audible, but while playing you can't hear it and it in no way affects the playing ability.

Here are some pics...

basspedal001.jpg

basspedal002.jpg

basspedal008.jpg

basspedal005.jpg

So what price do you think I should give them?

Last edited:
How bout some pics? that would help

Well I'd try for about 1/2 of what you payed for it. Reason one it has two "minor problems" and reason two it's your friend. Pedals don't really retain a "new price" value unless it's a very popular one with no issues even then you won't get what you payed unless you bought it used. If you payed 160 I'd try for 100, and be happy with 80-90$.

Ok thanks.
More suggestions are welcome :)

Last edited:
bump...
Selling on ebay soon, so I need some more advice.

Is $80 worth it to you, though? Frankly, I'd keep them. You never know if you're ever gonna need a spare. I play a single pedal but own two identical ones and one lives in the trap case should I need it. If they still function, I'd keep 'em.

Back