Does anybody remember Jeff Indyke?

Yeah, I've run across him in my youtube travels.

Quite simply, some guys speak to me and other guys don't. If I want to turn you off 15 seconds after I've opened the link, it's fair to say you don't speak to me. That's nothing against the guy or his playing, but there are others out there that I don't have to strain myself to listen to. Sadly, Jeff ain't one of 'em.

I think he was a member of this forum, for a while. I remember a lot of his video's being posted here.​

He was a member. Posted a ton of crappy videos, and talked about himself and his pay-per-call lessons or tips. Whatever. He had the worst sounding drums, and played the same lick over and over and called it something different every time. I think he finally got tired of the abuse he was taking and left. His only contributions were trying to market himself and the forum tired of him wuickly.

Yeah, I've run across him in my youtube travels.

Quite simply, some guys speak to me and other guys don't. If I want to turn you off 15 seconds after I've opened the link, it's fair to say you don't speak to me. That's nothing against the guy or his playing, but there are others out there that I don't have to strain myself to listen to. Sadly, Jeff ain't one of 'em.

And as you can see by the first minute or so of this youtube gem that he is promoting himself even further.

There once was a man called Indyke,

who's drum sound I didnt really like,

he was only into self promotion,

and all his threads caused major commotion,

so the forum told him to take a hike.

PS- ( I dont really mean that , Jeff is a fine guy)

Last edited:
I remember him well. I was also put off by his self-promoting, which is not what I come here to get. And, yes, his videos were pretty lame.

I remember this guy

he would go around butchering cats licks and trying to teach them

I remember thinking that any of his videos would make one heck of a drinking game. Every time he says "alright" you take a drink.

He somehow got a Ludwig endorsement and continues to use or just recirculate videos, of himself using the deadest sounding Vista lights (sp) I have ever heard.

"Hey to all of you out there in youtube land!"

Bam bam ta bam bop- "John Bonham approach"
Bam bam ta bam bop- "Danny Carry approach"
Bam bam ta bam bop- "Alex VanHalen approach"

-talk for 30 mins about the same thing over and over and say "having said" and "alright" 30 times each.

-play a bad tom roll

....end

I could not help myself and made fun of one of his youtube video's and he blocked me. It wasn't really a bad comment either. I just don't get what he was explaining, his approach, and what he was playing sounded nothing like the artist he was talking about. I'm sure he met well but definitely not a good teacher.

i quite enjoyed watching jeff play in the video at the start of this thread.

its not world class but he had a pretty nice feel going on in the second half. having said that he does seem mad as a box of frogs.

He is one of my FaceBook friends, He is doing allright.
I check in on him from time to time.
He is the same annoying entity that he always was :)

Back