Downton Abbey

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
Normally my tastes in cinema vary from horror to violent science fiction, but my wife got me into Downton Abbey and I really like it. Getting into the second season now on Hulu. Anyone else liking it?

Duh, I misspelled Downton Abbey in the title of this thread!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Downtown Abbey

Can't stand the drivel DMC. Have to bugger off to the far corners of the house and sulk whenever that nonsense comes on. It's either that or hack at my wrists with a blunt blade......or shove a couple of HB pencils in each ear canal. :)

However, both the missus and my mother love it. Perhaps I'll put them on for a chat? They'll happily bang on about it all day with you I'd wager. Be careful what you wish for though.

Can't stand the drivel DMC. Have to bugger off to the far corners of the house and sulk whenever that nonsense comes on. It's either that or hack at my wrists with a blunt blade......or shove a couple of HB pencils in each ear canal. :)

However, both the missus and my mother love it. Perhaps I'll put them on for a chat? They'll happily bang on about it all day with you I'd wager. Be careful what you wish for though.

HAHA! How could it repel you so?

I do wish it were subtitled - half the time I can't make what they're saying. But the stories and characters are compelling.

Whew, I was worried this was going to be another thread about Ringo's playing ability. Highlighting his performance on Abbey Road... ;)

What's to worry about, my lordship? Ninety-nine percent in favor of Ringo being the greatest drummer who ever lived, maybe a couple of voices of dissent who are soundly trounced. A Ringo thread can't be all that bad!

Now, if Ringo made an appearance on Downton Abbey, that would be cool. Ringo is actually a very good actor but it enrages people on this board when you talk about anything other than Ringo's drumming. He could come in for a guest appearance, perhaps as a suitor to the Countess Dowager. Like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs5_E1J_9hY

Ringo would be better suited as one of Carson's Music Hall buddies from the old days. Perhaps someone who played the spoons or something.

I am waiting for season 2 to show up on Netrflix. I liked season 1

DMC...Title fixed

I am waiting for season 2 to show up on Netrflix. I liked season 1

DMC...Title fixed

Thank you for that.

Season 1 is missing a final episode on Netflix - be warned. We had to go to Hulu to see all of s1 and s2.

Ringo would be better suited as one of Carson's Music Hall buddies from the old days. Perhaps someone who played the spoons or something.

Whoa, that would be a cool scene. He could be cast as Ringo's grandfather!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back