NFL '09-'10 Come Get Some

New York Giants 4-0 :)

Yes the Giants and the Saints seem to be the class of the NFC but its still early.

And the league needs to stop with the Brady special treatment...those personal foul calls were a joke...love Ray Ray's post game comments "Brady take off that skirt man!"

The Revenge of Brett Favre part one of two is tonight.
Should be fun!

you make a good point LinearDrummer - it is early...

so an early question, which 4-0 team is for real and which folds down the road?

you may laugh, but i think the Vikings are the best undefeated team right now, great D, outstanding running back and #4 throwing the ball, but will they hold up in the tough games against the elite teams down the stretch? i think the Giants have a better chance at the playoffs, solid running, great D and a great young quarterback, go Giant's!!!

the Broncos are not for real, not even close, defense has saved a lame offense all four games, the opponents have'nt been much either, they will not last...

i just hope Eli takes care of the foot and Peyton's D can manage the 30 some minutes a game on the field further along the road...

and as far as surprising 0-4 teams go, no question really, but what the hell did happen to the Titans?!?!?! 13 and 3 to oh and 4, how?

Yes the Giants and the Saints seem to be the class of the NFC but its still early.

And the league needs to stop with the Brady special treatment...those personal foul calls were a joke...love Ray Ray's post game comments "Brady take off that skirt man!"

Should be fun!

Dude it's not just against Brady give me a break. The same crap got called against the Pats in that game too, and they are called in every game not just for Brady. The difference was the Pats caught the ball in crunch time and ravens did not. Players whining about the ref's always looks cheesy IMO. especially one who should be in prison for murder.

Should be fun!

Totally agree, LD!!

Brady is a wuss!! Hey...if you don't wanna be hit...

GET RID OF THE BALL, crybaby!!

Geeezzz! It's football, Tom!! They tackle in this game!! Get over yourself, and stop crying to the refs!

You weren't even hit hard! C'mon man! Try being one!!

Another game the Pats shoulda' lost!!

TB will NEVER be a Peyton Manning! Talent, class, and stones!!

Pretty much dead on with that one mfb, but I made a point to not respond to this moron's posts anymore (not that I am the 1st or the last) in fact he is on my ignore list as of right now. Life is to short to argue with a child.

Dude it's not just against Brady give me a break. The same crap got called against the Pats in that game too, and they are called in every game not just for Brady. The difference was the Pats caught the ball in crunch time and ravens did not. Players whining about the ref's always looks cheesy IMO. especially one who should be in prison for murder.

Yes they are calling alot of BS personal fouls on QBs all over the league however because of Bradys injury last year and the league trying to protect him this year seems to have started most of this nonsense.

Why was he lobbying for the call knowing he didn't even get touched. Farve, Romo, Manning takes their hits like a man. He comes across as a premadonna...

And yes I'm hatin!

Good game by Favre last night, but I still agree with Kornheiser that I think his age may catch up with him around week 11 or so.

Top 5 teams through week 4 IMO

1)Colts--Looking like the Colts of 2 years ago...scary
2)Giants--I thought they would take a step back but Eli is proving himself
3)Patriots--Looking better every week, the def. is better than anyone expected so far
4)Vikings-- If Favre can hold out they could be SB bound
5)Steelers---Always scary, being 2-2 has just ticked them off they will rattle off 5 in a row

Obviously not based off of record alone. Saints have looked this good this early before so I have to see them sustain a little longer, broncos have a lot to prove, jets are ready to break into my top 5 very soon, especially with their next 4 games against Oak, the Bills and fins. can you say 8-2 heading into foxboro? : )

Yes they are calling alot of BS personal fouls on QBs all over the league however because of Bradys injury last year and the league trying to protect him this year seems to have started most of this nonsense.

Why was he lobbying for the call knowing he didn't even get touched. Farve, Romo, Manning takes their hits like a man. He comes across as a premadonna...

And yes I'm hatin!

Your kidding right? You telling me Brady is the only one who lobby's for calls? I know all the hoopla about it is just because he is Brady and they are the Pats and everyone was so looking forward to the downfall this year especially after the 1st 2 weeks of the season and now that they are winning close games again everyone is mad. well I dont know what to tell ya bro but this is probably gonna be another ring : )

I know your hating it's all good, we are quite used to it by now. every week it's something new that the evil pats did yet they win again.What can I say I love em and you should too : )

3)Patriots--Looking better every week, the def. is better than anyone expected so far
5)Steelers---Always scary, being 2-2 has just ticked them off they will rattle off 5 in a row

Agree with all except with Minny....He got off to a fast start last year...lets see if he can take a hit late in the season when his 40 year old body is worn down.

Ravens and Saints are contenders too...Broncos and 49ers are just pretenders.

Good game by Favre last night, but I still agree with Kornheiser that I think his age may catch up with him around week 11 or so.

Obviously not based off of record alone. Saints have looked this good this early before so I have to see them sustain a little longer, broncos have a lot to prove, jets are ready to break into my top 5 very soon, especially with their next 4 games against Oak, the Bills and fins. can you say 8-2 heading into foxboro? : )

Ravens should be near the top of the list.

I'm still not sold on the Vikings being a SB contender yet.

Pretty much dead on with that one mfb, but I made a point to not respond to this moron's posts anymore (not that I am the 1st or the last) in fact he is on my ignore list as of right now. Life is to short to argue with a child.

I'm really glad that after everything that we've argued over, that we can agree over ONE thing. That's fantastic!

Agree with all except with Minny....He got off to a fast start last year...lets see if he can take a hit late in the season when his 40 year old body is worn down.

Ravens and Saints are contenders too...Broncos and 49ers are just pretenders.

I do have reservations about him holding up but I think even without Farve they are contenders, the def. is very good, and they have the best RB in the league, The Ravens are in the tougher conference, if they were in the nfc I might put them here, they are #6 but my list only goes to 5 : )

The roughing-the-passer calls are happening as frequently (or "not as frequent as people seem to think") as the last few years. It just seems that people's perception of it is that it's happening more...

Only 23 (or so...not going back to look) so far, and the Pats have had at least 3 of those called against them that I know of, maybe a 4th that I can't remember - Vince Wilfork got called for one against the Bills that was totally bogus and helped the Bills out tremendously.

Last year there were 20-21 at this time. People just love hating the Pats.

The matchups this week are HORRIBLE. Nothing much to look forward to beyond Pats/Broncos. Last week had a bunch of great games. This week is just sad.

We lost Taylor (ankle surgery...!) but might have Mayo back - although I don't expect him to be 100%, but maybe I'll be happily wrong. If only Lawerence Maroney was capable of resembling anything like an NFL running back... (*STOP DANCING*)

jeez whats up with all the hate against the roughing the passer rule. They changed it up for the safety of the players. after all the tests and crap relating future brain problems and the physicality of football, they realized all the head bashing eventually took a real bad toll against the players' bodies. To me its a great rule. If its making the game safer im all for it.

My top 5...

1. Giants
2. Colts
3. Steelers
4. Patriots
5. Ravens

Had trouble with 4 and 5. I probably could have put the vikings and jets in either of those spots, but the pats and ravens just look a tad bit better.

Honestly, how can you say the giants aren't the best team right now? In my opinion, they have it ALL! Awesome defense (1st in the league in total yds. allowed and pass yards), a quarterback who's looking better and better (nearing "elite" status), a ridiculously overpowered ground game with a solid O-line, and receivers who can get open. Sure, the Colts have Peyton, but their defense is miles behind the Giants.

. Sure, the Colts have Peyton, but their defense is miles behind the Giants.

I would tend to agree with you, but points wise, they're on the same page.

Giants have given up 64 points, the Colts 62.

The Colts run defense is suspect for sure, but their pass defense is pretty good.

The Giants are certainly the most complete team in the NFC though, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them in the big game.

Theres bad calls on everybodys team. Ray was right on calling out the whole NFL on there stupid QB rules. No matter what, the refs. are stuck between a rock and a hard place, its almost imposible for them to regulate the sacking of the QB. It just sucks cause its changing the whole game. Yeah those calls on the Ravens were pathetic BUT it has happend to every team at sometime. You cant blame the calls on your loss.

Mathew, how old ARE you? Your posts are annoying and vapid. I feel like you're 17 at best. Probably 3 months within 16 either way. Either way...You are pointless. You won't always be, but for now...totally pointless. Your words are weightless, and your views carry no weight whatsoever. I hope it feels warm and tingly, wherever you are...but seriously...I can't imagine your existence. It's amazing to me (in the most un-amazing way).

Back