Manu Catche

LOVE Manu's work; effortless groove, never overplaying, just right. Outstanding work with PG over the years. Great stuff too on Robbie Robertson's first album; check out the groove on Somewhere Down the Crazy River. I also enjoy his solo album Playground.

Only two posts in a thread dedicated to Manu Katche, one of the truly original and everinspiring drummers out there? OK, I'll make it three now.

Usually a fan of no-frills, simple and tight playing - though Manu is quite the opposite, I must admit he just blows me away. Beautiful!

Only two posts in a thread dedicated to Manu Katche, one of the truly original and everinspiring drummers out there? OK, I'll make it three now.

Usually a fan of no-frills, simple and tight playing - though Manu is quite the opposite, I must admit he just blows me away. Beautiful!

Ahh, got it, there's another thread (correctly spelled) for Manu: http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1097.

LOVE Manu's work; effortless groove, never overplaying, just right. Outstanding work with PG over the years. Great stuff too on Robbie Robertson's first album; check out the groove on Somewhere Down the Crazy River. I also enjoy his solo album Playground.

There was a wonderful review in Rhythm magazine of his solo albume. The reviewer thought it ok-ish in a rather non-descript muzak kind of a way but made the observation that his vocals sounded like the actor Christopher Lambert (Highlander, Fortress and a host of other straight to video classics) crying.....

Love him. Heard him on Peter Gabriel's So record and saw him later on the Buddy Rich memorial scholarship concert series.
Such a remarkable talent.

Back