LeRoi Moore (from Dave Matthews Band) RIP

J

jamndrummer

LeRoi Moore, saxophonist and founding member of the Dave Matthews Band, died Tuesday. Complications from a ATV accident. Sad day. He was so young.

One of THE most influential bands on my musical upbringing EVER.

I saw them in concert this past June, I'm glad I did.

RIP LeRoi.

I just found out too. What a shock...One of my favorite musicians in one of my favorite bands. I'm lucky to have still seen them with Leroi, last year.
It's a sad day. All the best to his family and the Band.

Definately a sad day...all the best to family and band members! WOW we are blessed to have his music remain with us!

Yesterday:
Very Sad indeed! I've been a DMB fan almost since the beginning, and I have very fond memories of the LeRoi at the concerts I went to. He was a great contribution to the band, not only with his woodwind talents but with his skills in arranging the songs.

LeRoi had been there from the start and helped greatly to the define the DMB sound, sad day my friends, sad day.

He will be missed.

Like tbmills I watched a few of their DVDs last night and a little of one this morning during breakfast. I had found that it was almost surreal when I read the news the first time and it didn't truly sink in until a about 45mins later.
Such a loss.

DMB's music was so influential to so many of my years growing up not only as a person but growing up as a musician as well. And to learn one of the founding members and a very brilliant color of their sound passes away, is very sad. My sympathies go out to the Moore family, and to the band. This must have hit Carter and Dave very hard, as they (carter in particular) have been with LeRoi for a very long time.

Leroi, a truly talented musician passes away, while Amy Winehouse continues to try to take her own life...unsuccessfully.

Tragic.

Let me make my first post in expressing my sadness for Roi's passing. I am a huge fan of DMB, and saw them for the 1st time this summer. Unfortunately, he wasn't with the band when I saw them... my thoughts and prayers go out to the band, friends, and family. What a sad loss.

I caught DMB in Charleston on July 4th. Dave came out and said that Leroi wouldn't be playing because he had gotten in an accident, but that he'd be ok. I guess not. They just weren't the same with out him that night. This is terrible.

This has hit me like a car to the back of my head, while Iwasnt looking....Why do the least deserving get such bad luck? Damn man, this is f-n me up....it just sucks so bad...

Back