Help me buy my first double pedals =)

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I've been lurking the forums for quite a while now. This forums has helped me get better at the drums and I appreciate everyone for that.

Now, my question is, I've never had a double pedal before and there's a decent (I think) deal on craigslist where someone is selling a Pearl Double pedal for $150. Question is, I'm not sure what I would be looking for in relation to flaws, and I wouldn't be able to know if it's broken or something? $150 seems REALLY cheap, aren't pearl double pedals like $400? Anyway, here's a link, please help me and thank you in advance!

https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/msg/4951701587.html

That pedal is ancient. Offer him $50.

Honestly, shell out about 40$ more and you have a brand new Pearl P-932.

Or get an used pedal who actually looks like it will hold up for more than 4 months! :)

Old pedal, I wouldn't pay over 75. Go look on eBay, buy from a reputable seller and get a decent deal on a used pedal. You can thank me later.

Edit: Exactly what Tommy D posted haha. And he did the research for ya.

I think that's a cobbled together double in the first post.
The master looks like a single chain, and the slave a double chain.
Different foot boards too.
Anyways - too much for that pedal, even if it works OK.

Opinion:

If you have a local GC, hit GC's online used inventory. Pick up a nice DW5000-double for ~$200. 30D returns if you eat the shipping.

Thanks everyone for your replies! I didn't know that craigslist guy's pedal was that bad, I'm happy I posted here before even sending him a message.

Will definitely go for something on ebay or on gc, I'll continue searching before I'm settled. Thanks!

I've bought three or four top-grade, pro-level pedals, used, on ebay, usually for just over 1/2 of the "new" street price. Just use common sense looking at the listing...you want to look for the pedal that some guy bought, then decided he didn't like after three months. Drummers are picky enough that this happens all the time...

(Of course, there's a chance this might happen to you, but since the other guy took the depreciation "hit," you should be able to get your money back out of it if you choose to sell).

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I'm even going to be able to operate the double pedal on my e-kit (that's all I have). More specifically, the Yamaha 450k. Once I'm able get to my kit in a couple days I'm going to check it out, because I completely forgot that a double pedal meant for acoustic drums might not work with the yamaha kit.

For now I'm on the lookout for some pedals online with everyones suggestions right now.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Right now I'm trying to figure out if I'm even going to be able to operate the double pedal on my e-kit (that's all I have). More specifically, the Yamaha 450k.
Spacing might be a problem. Depending on how far apart the beaters of the double pedal are vs. the diameter of the drum pad playing surface. Also, some double pedals center the primary beater, and some off-set it. Most e-drum bass pads can be daisy chained, so you might opt to get a second bass tower (and single pedal), and connect the two.​

Back