1st gig on sat. 19th

Cool, you popped your cherry. Usually the autopilot thing is a good sign. Sounds like you had what you needed, confidence wise and the rest sounded par for a first gig. Glad to hear things went normally.
So how big were they?

Actually that doesn't help me out at all. That could be taken more than a few different ways. You could have hurt your back carrying her off the stage because she was too drunk. You could have gotten extremely lucky on your first gig and got that backache the best way possible lol. Are you telling me they were so big that your back still hurts from the weight of them resting on you 24 hours later? My God Man! A memorable first gig indeed!

You asked a woman to sing??? DUDE!!! OK.......(KBadd calms down)......it's cool....do wtf you want BUT.....f the rest of the crowd...you are the (drummer) singer....so sing!

Sounded like a great gig!!!!!

HOW DID YOUR DRUMS SOUND?????

Actually that doesn't help me out at all. That could be taken more than a few different ways. You could have hurt your back carrying her off the stage because she was too drunk. You could have gotten extremely lucky on your first gig and got that backache the best way possible lol. Are you telling me they were so big that your back still hurts from the weight of them resting on you 24 hours later? My God Man! A memorable first gig indeed!

Definetly not the 1st one, the 2nd one would not have went over well with the wife being there although my mind was running through a host of idea's if ya know what I mean : ) so that leaves the 3rd choice and that is it..I would take a very very educated guess at 40dd but in a good way...

Oh and the one thing I always hear at other people's gigs happened after about 3 seconds of us walking out on stage and strapping in.......Yep someone yelled out FREEBIRD!! LOL.. sorry we don't do that one.......yet : )

Dude it's not a real gig unless somebody yells "Freebird"

You have as classic a first gig story as anyone. Right on brother.

Went great actually.. The opening song is "Are you ready by Grand funk" and that usually gets the blood flowing. I nailed that one and the next 3 but then I think I got a little cocky. During Jenny(867-5309) by Tommy Tutone I totally missed the big fill at about 2:16 but kept on going anyway. The thing that surprised me is after that set (8 songs) no one even noticed including the band which is kind of scary...LOL

During Lie to me by johnny lang the Bass player was all over the place, wrong key, timing was making hard for me to keep it straight. he turned and looked at me with an absolute look of sheer horror. he was white as a ghost and I could tell he was having a major brain fart. I started laughing and he stopped playing for about 2 seconds than got right back on track.. He can play this song in his sleep but said he just totally lost it for a minute so I guess it happens every now and then to everyone.

I am supposed to sing Every rose by poison and play drums at the same time, rarely was I ever happy with both aspects of the song at the same time during practices, either the singing lacked if I concentrated on the drums too much or vice versa so i talked a woman I know into coming up on stage and singing it, she was 3 sheets to the wind but hey it calmed me down because I was dreading that song all night. Well we started and she was wayyyyyyy off, she has a good voice but ya know how it is when you think you know a song and then you have to perform it it's like whoa. Right at the beginning the lead looks back at me and I knew it was bad so i started singing with her and she stopped. then another hott woman came up behind me and wrapped her arms around me and was singing the song with me.

she was leaning most of her weight and rather big breasts on my back which made it hard to concentrate so I started singing the final verse.. Problem was we were only supposed to be at the 2nd verse..LOL but everyone laughed and it turned into an extended version of the song.

other than that I had about 2-4 minor hiccups that I think only another drummer would have picked up on and I felt like I was on auto pilot alot of the time which I am not sure if I should be worried about that or if thats the ultimate goal when playing. I mean i was listening and new where we were in the song but I did not really have to think about it all that much. Unfortunatley the camera we borrowed had no more room on the disc due to a graduation that was recorded over it the day before and I did not want to erase it so no audio or video was taken.

Thanks for all the tips guys I used a few of them and it really helped. I had a blast and can't wait to do it again. We got alot of comments and a few criticizims (spelling) from a guy who used to gig a long time ago. basically he said we sound good but we all need to learn harmonizing which we know.. We are still looking for a lead singer but we get by for now.

LOL Hey dude, that must be one of the best first gigs ever, I'm jealous, sounds like a hoot.

Back