What Would A DW Music Section Look Like?

AzHeat

Platinum Member
Okay, so there has been a lot of discussion about fun and abundant, yet elusive non-commercial music on the Internet. The stuff producers can't fit in a box and spoon feed the public...

Based on Pop Music thread discussions, there's some interest in a section dedicated to music on DW, so we can all benefit from the gems others have discovered. A section where we can spend less time scouring the Internet for new stuff and more time enjoying, or playing along with the great finds. I'm sure the artist will appreciate it as well.

If we were to ask our wonderful and super busy moderators to set up such an area, how would it look? How would it be organized and what rules/guidelines should beapplied?

I personally would love to have things broken out by genre, so we're not spending time clicking links we have no interest in. I'd also like some way of us being able to vote on or like certain links, as a reference point of sorts. For example, if I find something I like, and others also likes the tune, within a month or so, we could be identifying those who share similar tastes, thus focusing more on those links.

I don't know if this site has such capabilities, but I figure if we brainstorm and do some of the legwork, perhaps it can be set up somewhat with ease and eliminate guesswork. What do you think?

I think it's a great idea though I don't know how it would be structurd into subcategories.
Up until now we've had the "What are you listening to right now?" thread to contribute to and learn about other music.

..I personally would love to have things broken out by genre..

There you allready have your first problem, unless you want to create a sub-forum with 30+ sub-sections..

This is not meant as being negative to the idea btw, but, to be honest, finding new music has never been this easy..

If at this moment you would decide that you are curious to hear some new, 'undiscovered', Rock-gems, then within 10 minutes you will be able to find 50 examples..

But, like i said, if the mods would really like to spend a lot of time into this idea, then the idea also has my vote, just because is nice to know what other members are listening to..

And, now i think, are we not allready having a thread for that..?

A thread with avarage 2 posts a week btw..

If at this moment you would decide that you are curious to hear some new, 'undiscovered', Rock-gems, then within 10 minutes you will be able to find 50 examples.

50 "gems"? I don't think so. More like 50 things you never want to hear again. I usually discover great new music whilst reading interviews with musicians whom I admire and whose opinions I respect.

I think it would be great idea. It's good to share musical discoveries, break some boundaries too, listening to music would have never been attracted too.
There used to be a what are you listening to topic, but maybe not easy enough to pick out from.

Back