Drumless track redux - guess the song!

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Here's a twist on the drumless/drumfull tracks I've posted -

Listen to this drum part excerpted from a hit song, tell me what song it's from, and I'll send the correct guesser a copy of the latest Weird Al compilation, The Essential "Weird Al" Yankovic Limited Edition 3.0 (a 3-CD collection released in August.)

I'll give you one hint: the song was a multi-platinum hit in the US for this artist/band.

Post your responses here, and good luck!

Bermuda

It's not the Guess Who... I'll reply when the correct answer is posted, and post the excerpt with the music to verify the winner is correct.

Bermuda

Sounds a bit like Billie Jean or a Steely Dan song Do It Again

Really sounds like a CCR recording, at first I thought Fortunate Son, but I couldn't get it to match anywhere.

Can you tell us if this is a beginning or end of a song, or just pulled from the middle?

The excerpt is from the 2nd verse going into the chorus.

Bermuda

Sounds a bit like My Sharona but don't think the tempo is quite fast enough. How about a little clue/hint?

Sounds a bit like My Sharona but don't think the tempo is quite fast enough. How about a little clue/hint?

Gave two hints already, the biggest is that this was a major hit for the artist/group.

Okay, last hint: the drummer currently with the band was also with them on this hit.

Bermuda

Not sure it was a multiplatinum hit, but it sounds like "Jamie's Cryin'" from Van Halen to me. :) I was humming the guitar part along with it, and it fit...

No chronological hints?

Nope. Gotta leave some of the guesswork to you gals & guys!

BTW, I will mail the CD anywhere in the world, so everyone can feel free to participate.

Bermuda

Well, here's one more hint: It's not one of the drumless songs I recently posted, so don't bother scouring them to identify the clip.

Bermuda

Q: is this a older band/group (ie) from 70's or 80's
or
a newer band from 90's to today?

Can't give any additional hints, you've got to work for this one.

To recap:

1) This was a MAJOR hit record, I suspect anyone who's ever turned on a radio has heard it. Trust me, I didn't pick some obscure song to make it impossible to figure out! (that would have been much more evil!)

2) The excerpt is from the 2nd verse into the chorus.

3) The drummer currently with this artist/group was with them on this hit.

4) It's not one of the drumless songs I recently posted, so those can all be eliminated. I'll go a step further and say that the artist/band is also not represented in the songs I posted.

Bermuda

Any chance of attaching the mp3 in this thread!? I want to guess this one but the proxy at work is not cooperating. Pleeease.

Back