Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

I like this. Sizes? Model? How do you like the kick port?

Thank you, Adam!
It's a Gretsch Renown Jazz with maple shells in Dark Walnut (but my finish seems to be more beautiful than other, it's unique, more like the USA Custom walnut than Renown walnut). The Renowns jazz kits are specials in Europe. I guess they could sell for pretty much in America since they're based on USA Customs, but at an affordable price.

The kick port doesn't make as much difference, it's nice to have if you'll mic it. I got a pillow inside it also, so it ruins the purpose. Hehe...
I've heard it on other drums, and it's very individual, gives a nice punchy low-end sound. :)

Thank you, Adam!
It's a Gretsch Renown Jazz with maple shells in Dark Walnut (but my finish seems to be more beautiful than other, it's unique, more like the USA Custom walnut than Renown walnut). The Renowns jazz kits are specials in Europe. I guess they could sell for pretty much in America since they're based on USA Customs, but at an affordable price.

The kick port doesn't make as much difference, it's nice to have if you'll mic it. I got a pillow inside it also, so it ruins the purpose. Hehe...
I've heard it on other drums, and it's very individual, gives a nice punchy low-end sound. :)

I really wish Gretsch would sell the Renown Jazz configuration in the US, or at least make the 18" bass drums available for individual purchase. I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat.

I really wish Gretsch would sell the Renown Jazz configuration in the US, or at least make the 18" bass drums available for individual purchase. I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat.

It's weird that they don't, since the Catalina is such a huge success. The nearest to USA Custom you have is the New Classic's, I guess. But those we have too.

I can tell you - they sound phenomenal!

My Gretsch New Classics came yesterday.

The Vinnie Colaiuta Signature Millennium Maple Snare I've had since they came out.

In about 10 more weeks I'll have a USA Custom Snare with the same finish (it's on order).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Adam!

Here´s the link for European catalogue (and don't forget turn off the volume) http://www.mygretschdrums.eu/

Nice kit, by the way, Cameo. I think walnut finish is the prettiest of Renown line available in Europe.

Thank you... Long decision between this or a set of the USA Customs. Just couldn't justify it. The cost differential is enough left over to pay a years worth of tuition for my daughter's school.

My lovely wife kept trying to get me to go all the way with the USA's but I settled on the snare drum instead.

They sound and feel magnificent.

Gretsch USA Custom in Savanah Sunset (14x5.5, 20, 12, 14, 16) shown with Ludwig Classic Maple Snare Drum (14x6.5 with a millennium throw-off, internal muffler and tube lugs (#LS403TX0m).

Cymbals
Spizzichino cymbals:20" ride, 20" ride with rivets, 22" swish with rivets
Sabian 17" HHX Legacy Crash and 19" Artisan Vault Crash
10" Agop Splash
15" Zildjian A vintage hi hats

GJS

Attachments

• USA  1 Up 2 Down.jpg
    USA 1 Up 2 Down.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 2,659
Gretsch USA Custom in Savanah Sunset (14x5.5, 20, 12, 14, 16) shown with Ludwig Classic Maple Snare Drum (14x6.5 with a millennium throw-off, internal muffler and tube lugs (#LS403TX0m).
GJS

Oh my, that's crazy! Love the hammer marks on the cymbals. Looks classy with no logos.
Which of the Spizzes was the new one you was expecting? :)

Oh my, that's crazy! Love the hammer marks on the cymbals. Looks classy with no logos.
Which of the Spizzes was the new one you was expecting? :)

The 22" Spizzichino (2338 gm) swish is the new one I just received. Here are some more hammer marks! You can just see the stamp at approximately 2 pm.

GJS

Attachments

• Spizz Swish 2338 gm Rivet & Stamp 400.jpg
    Spizz Swish 2338 gm Rivet & Stamp 400.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,606
This is my late 50's (1960 maybe?) Gold Sparkle 4pc with the 12" tom taken out and replaced - for a while - with a 50's Cadillac Green 9x13 tom I bought just before Christmas. It's the real deal with 24K Gold Hardware. I think it likes its new found friends.......20bd, 14 floor and 5.514 snare.

I like Gold and Green

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 2,554
  • 2a.JPG
    2a.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 2,569
This is my late 50's (1960 maybe?) Gold Sparkle 4pc with the 12" tom taken out and replaced - for a while - with a 50's Cadillac Green 9x13 tom I bought just before Christmas. It's the real deal with 24K Gold Hardware. I think it likes its new found friends.......20bd, 14 floor and 5.514 snare.

I like Gold and Green

That is awesome. I'd love to play that set for a little while.

My Catalina Maple. Despite what I've heard, these drums sound GREAT for metal!
14x6 snare
8x7 tom
10x8 tom
12x9 tom
14x14 tom
16x16 tom
22x18 bass drum x2
(from left to right)
20" Zildjian Oriental China Trash
21" Zildjian Z3 Mega Bell Ride
19" Zildjian A Custom Projection Crash
12" Zildjian ZBT Splash
13" Zildjian A Custom cymbal of some sort that I got for $50 at a flea market
14" Zildjian Pitch Black HiHats
20" Zildjian ZBT Ride
All mounted on a Gibraltar double bass rack, with Axis A-L Longboards. I have replaced the heads since this picture, too.

Here is my Catalina Club Jazz kit again. The hardware setup is better, and I got rid of that GTS tom mount. The 12" tom sounds much better like this. The snare is a Pacific SX. Since these picture were taken, I obtained a Mapex Saturn snare. Also, I am using different crash cymbals now. Peace and goodwill.

Attachments

• 100_0258.JPG
    100_0258.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 2,391
  • 100_0259.JPG
    100_0259.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 2,386
  • 100_0260.JPG
    100_0260.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 2,403
Wow I really like gretsch drums. If I didn't already play yamaha, and obviously couldn't afford sonor, Id go gretsch. I played a set of renown maples that sounded killer! Granted, not better than my RCs, but still, great drums.

Back