The Black Panther thread! For all BP snare fans and owners....

What BP's can u get in a Piccolo (14 x 4, 14 x 3.5, 13 x 3.5), I looked on te website but i couldnt find any. Im interested in wood, but if there are none metal is fine. And about how much would it cost in Canadian or American dollar.

I have a 13" x 3.5" piccolo that's a Birdseye maple with diecast hoops.

I saw the same one with black hardware at the local drumstore Steve's for like $300-400 CAD.

by the way, i can't help but see you're from Toronto.

I'm from Montreal and i actually happen want to part mine.
PM me your contacts maybe we can work a deal out :)

Vince

Hi there dudes, I'm new to the forum and despite being playing for some years now, this one it's the first drummers forum I've ever joined. I'm the proud owner of a 14''x5.5'' Mapex Black Panther Hammered Brass. I love BP's and soon I'll be getting the new Chris Adler's signature BP as well. Oh btw does anyone know a good music store that would provide international shipping services to Argentina? Things here are IMPOSSIBLE to buy, even shitty drumming stuff is extremely expensive so I try to get as much as I can from the US through a good friend of mine that has an international credit card.

Have a nice weekend guys!

Attachments

• DSC06833.jpg
    DSC06833.jpg
    642.2 KB · Views: 6,717
  • proximo.jpg
    proximo.jpg
    239.1 KB · Views: 5,886
  • 1237773099755_f.jpg
    1237773099755_f.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 6,053
  • DSC06782.JPG
    DSC06782.JPG
    743 KB · Views: 6,533
  • DSC06772.JPG
    DSC06772.JPG
    620.4 KB · Views: 6,541
  • hi hat 001.jpg
    hi hat 001.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 6,570
  • hi hat 018.jpg
    hi hat 018.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 6,605
Mapex Solid Steel BP. It's real and it's fabulous!

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

i bought myself maple/cherry 13''x6'' black panther few weeks ago for less than 200$ and it's really great!

Yesterday i've ordered myself a Black Panther Zebra Snare
Got a walnut finish, 10 lugs, Die Cast hoops, 14"x5.5" and i'll post some pictures when it arrives! :)

Attachments

• 2380759_800.jpg
    2380759_800.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 5,356
Black Panther "memphis" model 7.8mm maple/walnut shell.. only upgrade was puresound wires.. love it!!!

Attachments

• black panther.jpg
    black panther.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 5,251
I just acquired my first Black Panther, a Black Widow (14" x 5" maple) to be precise. I haven't had a chance to really try it out yet (and had to order it without trying it first), but early signs are good! Dark, dry, very sensitive. Anyone else on the forum using one of these?

If had the cash I would probably pick up a Velvetone and a Retrosonic as well...

this is my 'Vavona Burlwood Deep Forest Series Limited Edition Black Panther' snare
picked it up on ebay for £225, which i think is amazing since there were only 200 made or somthing!
Torquoise Blue + Black Hardware = Drumgasm
I saw it and just had to have it

134_8464.jpg

134_8468.jpg

134_8466.jpg

I had posted a thread last week looking for help on picking a new snare and just got off the phone ordering it. I went for the Mapex Black Panther Big Cat 8 x 14. As you probably know its a Saturn design with 4 maple 2 walnut plys. It came down to it and the Vinnie Paul DDrum snare. I actually preferred the look of the Ddrum the flames would go good with my sunburst Sonor's. I have heard lots of quality issues with Ddrum's and it scared me off. I used to have a Mapex Saturn snare it was 14 x 5.5 and I really liked the sound and quality, I can only imagine what the 8" will sound like!!! I have yet to hear anything bad about Panther snares..The Ddrum was $30 more though it has cast hoops and the Panther has 2.3's but I have an extra set of die cast pearl hoops I can put on the Panther.

Hey,

New to the forum, so I hope I'm posting this in the correct place (it just seemed logical here). I have the same BP Vavona Burlwood snare that "ciacia123" posted pictures of.

Holidays are here and money's tight...anybody interested in buying mine?

The drum's mint... never gigged, just studio used. I bought mine in '04 new from the long island drum center and have been the only owner since. Can send pics.

Let me know if any interest, and nice to be a part of this forum.

Yesterday i've ordered myself a Black Panther Zebra Snare
Got a walnut finish, 10 lugs, Die Cast hoops, 14"x5.5" and i'll post some pictures when it arrives! :)

Have you got any photos of this drum? I think that may be the classiest looking black panther I have ever seen... aside from the one I own of course ;)

I am missing a piece from my black panther's snare strainer, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I should go about ordering the replacement part? I bought this drum at Pacific Drum Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia a few years ago and when I bought the drum it was already missing the end piece for the snare throw off. As luck would have it the drum store went out of business several months after I had tried repeatedly to get help from the woman who sold me the drum. Not only did I get ripped off on the drum (I foolishly shelled out close to $600 for the drum) but I was treated as if I were being a nuisance for having the nerve to ask them to help out a customer. Needless to say, I persisted and over the course of a few months had no such help provided by the people working at Pacific Drums and now I left with an incomplete drum. As gorgeous as the drum may be, it would be incredible if someone on this forum could point me in the right direction towards having a 'perfect' snare drum at last!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56654937@N05/5232541946/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56654937@N05/5231947317/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/56654937@N05/5231926981/in/photostream/

Last edited:
Here is mine.
Mapex Black Panther Mayan,I have Evans Genera hd and 300 hazy on it.

Attachments

• MAPEX+BLACK+PANTHER+MAYA.JPG
    MAPEX+BLACK+PANTHER+MAYA.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 25,187
I'm amazed this thread passed me by as I'm a huge Black Panther fan.

I've had three so far.
Black Panther Birds Eye Maple 5.5 x 14"
Black Panther Natural Maple 5.5 x 10"
Black Panther Mayan / Aztec Steel 5.5 x 14"

I also loved the 5.5x14" Cherry with gold fittings, but I missed out on that thanks store messing me around.

The Bird's Eye has recently gone (as much as I loved it) as I'm am awaiting one of the new Black Panther Blaster kits in March, alone with the wonderful snare, I can't wait!

as I'm am awaiting one of the new Black Panther Blaster kits in March, alone with the wonderful snare, I can't wait!

Same feeling, Im waiting for the Velvetone kit to purchase it w the snare

I own a Saturn kit myself and big fan of BPs

12x7 Maple/Cherry snare
14x6.5 Deep Forest Walnut
14x6.5 Hand Hammered Phosphor Bronze
14x5.5 Limited Edition Deep forest Vavona Burlwood
14x5.5 Limited Edition Hand Hammered Brass

Same feeling, Im waiting for the Velvetone kit to purchase it w the snare

I own a Saturn kit myself and big fan of BPs
Good to hear, although you have about a six month wait right now I guess?
Still waiting for a date on mine, just told that it will be March - wish I had a date to get excited about!

Will you keep the Saturn? What are your thoughts on it?

Back