New Black Dahlia Murder Album!

Russian Drummer

I just heard their new album is dropping Just 21st! I'm excited to see what Shannon Lucas does on the new album, his precision and speed have always amazed me. They're going on tour too, anyone excited to see them? I heard they put on a pretty good live show, and if you like extreme metal they're worth checking out. Here's the Metal Blade release if anyone's interested, with a link to the new single. \m/

BLACK DAHLIA MURDER

Prepare for “RITUAL”!!​

The face-melting Detroit quintet has made a career out of being unpredictable -- as well as unhinged, unclassifiable and unrepentant, all in the best possible ways. But with RITUAL, its fifth full-length album, the extreme metal troupe found fertile territory in the wide world of those prescribed practices that would seem verboten to a band that's always marched to the double-time beat of its own drummer. And in doing so it's come up with what front man Trevor Strnad considers "the most focused Black Dahlia Murder strike of all time."

dahliaritual1.jpg
Ritual is a collection of 12 tracks that see the band staying true to their sound and style while progressing in both writing and musicianship. Guitarist Ryan Knight has delivered truly searing leads that will without a doubt daze and lay waste the ears of both loyal Black Dahlia diehards and burgeoning fans alike.

Moonlight Equilibrium is now streaming along side a video of classic antics, crushing studio footage, and pre sale options, all available here for you to enjoy: http://www.metalblade.com/bdm/

Don’t forget that you can catch TBDM live at this year’s Summer Slaughter Tour where they will perform with label-mates Whitechapel and Six Feet Under in addition to Darkest Hour, Dying Fetus.

Horns%2BUp%2BRocks%2BSummer%2BSlaughter%2BTour.JPG

im very excited for this new album, bdm is one of my fav bands. actually my band just recently picked up elder misanthropy as a cover, amazingly fun song to play :)

@eddie

I'll agree that their sound can be repetitive, especially their vocals (shriek verse, growl chorus, repeat).

However, when I'm in the mood for some lighter death metal, it's nice to have a single band I can throw on shuffle. It's like LoG, their my exclusive source of "pissed off" music. Yes, lots of songs sound the same, but when I want to listen to that sound then I'm in luck. Combine that with both band's technically astounding drummers and I'm all set.

I remember when Pierre Langlois left the band around the time of the 2007 Anaheim NAMM and those guys were walking from one booth to another asking about leads for a replacement drummer. Then they came to the WFD competition and hung around for a while asking several of us if we might be interested. I'm pretty sure there was nothing in the way of steady money at all and back then I couldn't have done a gig like that if I were interested. And that's no disrespect of the skill level, because I know it's high. But I was 3 weeks into my 17th birthday and in the 11th grade. I also didn't think I had anything close to the foot speed back then and I just didn't know enough about playing that kind of music.

Then I heard Shannon Lucas took the gig and to me that made sense. He's a great player and people say he lives for that music. I know he was living around Flint Michigan the same time I was but I can't remember what the connection was. Maybe it was bad lol.

But it's interesting to me how like a jazz guy most of those guys take this understood oath of poverty to play what they want to play.

Back