PDP kit with DW badges...?

Im still in the process of cutting out some Guru badjes and putting them on some old Japenes maxitone drums i found, im going to make a killing on resale.

That's the only good reason to swap badges, to scam people. Might as well go all the way and try and make a little dough.

We don't care that he got Yamahas.

We're not even close to beating this horse dead yet lol.

There was this kid in high school (circa 1997) who had a mustang LX with the 4 cylinder engine. It was in perfect condition, and he replaced all the cosmetic stuff, got GT wheels, chrome dual exhuast, 5.0 badges, the correct steering wheel and shifter, etc. It looked just like a GT and was the sharpest mustang at school by far.

And we all laughed, because he had gone to all that effort because he wanted a GT, but it was still just a 4 banger. Still slow.

PDP kits are quality. Be proud of it.

I've been lacerated for suggesting that putting DW branding on a PDP kit was a bad idea. The cacophony of PDPISADWCOMPANYSOITCOUNTS rationalization was dreadful.

You know, I can't think of a company other than DW that does that - market its import drums as a completely different brand, I mean. From Ludwig to Sonor, they all import Chinese kits, and they all put their own branding on them. They'd make a SLAUGHTER - worse than a mere killing - if they rebranded PDP as DW - all they'd need to change is badges and logo kick heads and keep them at that price point.

...of course, they could continue to sell DW reso kick heads to the fanbois as well as PDP kits if they let things continue as they are...

...never mind. ;-)

DW on a PDP kit. Don't do it. Your average fan doesn't know the difference in drums 1 kit to the next, be it sonar, tama, pearl dw or pdp.

The people who do know the difference will be your fellow musicians, specifically fellow drummers. To them it will seam like Rolls Royce hood ornament on a Volkswagen.

If you buy a PDP kit be proud of it. PDP make good drums. Worst case senerio on the bottom of the PDP head it says made by DW

Well gang the OP bought a set of Yamaha so the shame has ended. Carry on.

No Grunt. The saga has ended........but much like the kid with the cape who legged it from the gig and got his mum to pick up the pieces, the shame will endure into Drummerworld folklore!! :)

I wonder what badges he's decided to put on his Yammies?

No Grunt. The saga has ended........but much like the kid with the cape who legged it from the gig and got his mum to pick up the pieces, the shame will endure into Drummerworld folklore!! :)

I love how these threads live on after the OP ditches their initial quest. How did I miss out the cape story!? Darn it.

DW on a PDP kit. Don't do it. Your average fan doesn't know the difference in drums 1 kit to the next, be it sonar, tama, pearl dw or pdp.

The people who do know the difference will be your fellow musicians, specifically fellow drummers. To them it will seam like Rolls Royce hood ornament on a Volkswagen.

If you buy a PDP kit be proud of it. PDP make good drums. Worst case senerio on the bottom of the PDP head it says made by DW

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just recently bought my first PDP kit, CX series, made in Mexico, all maple shells, gorgeous red sparkle wrap, just an all around excellent kit and I'm very proud of it. However, I can't find PDP logo front bass drum heads online. Tons of DW logo heads from seemingly endless stores, but no PDP. So I bought a DW Classic coated white, vintage logo, and put it on my PDP. Am I an animal? I own and gig a DW Collectors too! I don't feel like I'm trying to "fool" anyone, so where do I fit in on this?

just put some Keller logos on it, then you will be telling the truth

just put some Keller logos on it, then you will be telling the truth

There are no Keller shell PDP kits, and DW has made its own shells since 1997. Just by coincidence my DW kit does have Keller shells (yup, it's old), but your joke is still, I don't know, kind of not true or funny.

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I just recently bought my first PDP kit, CX series, made in Mexico, all maple shells, gorgeous red sparkle wrap, just an all around excellent kit and I'm very proud of it. However, I can't find PDP logo front bass drum heads online. Tons of DW logo heads from seemingly endless stores, but no PDP. So I bought a DW Classic coated white, vintage logo, and put it on my PDP. Am I an animal? I own and gig a DW Collectors too! I don't feel like I'm trying to "fool" anyone, so where do I fit in on this?

You would have no problems buying a bass reso with no logo if you couldn't get a PDP one, but ultimately they are your drums, your money, your decision and, who really cares?

Didn't they have a PDP in whiplash ?

That guys seemed to be doing ok with stock reso and badges.

Play the hell out of that kit with a big smile.

There was this kid in high school (circa 1997) who had a mustang LX with the 4 cylinder engine. It was in perfect condition, and he replaced all the cosmetic stuff, got GT wheels, chrome dual exhuast, 5.0 badges, the correct steering wheel and shifter, etc. It looked just like a GT and was the sharpest mustang at school by far.

And we all laughed, because he had gone to all that effort because he wanted a GT, but it was still just a 4 banger. Still slow.

PDP kits are quality. Be proud of it.

I had an '87 4-cylinder Mustang. Here's the secret--most girls didn't know the difference, so I got to impress the ladies while spending less on the car, the insurance, AND the gas. But it was red and I was a teenage boy, so cops pulled me over for just existing when I drove it. LOL

Doesn't make any sense. All those that might care about the make of the drums also knows the look of the lugs.

And besides that, PDP makes great drums. Without all the fuss and magic of DW.

how not true?? buy keller badges settle down

I'm only going to half quote you too. You half make sense so it only seems fair. One more time THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN ANY KELLER SHELL PDP KITS NOR HAVE THERE BEEN KELLER DW DRUMS FOR ALMOST TWENTY YEARS. Sorry for yelling but you seem to not hear well or read things fully. Also there are no "Keller badges", oh yeah and, my kit is A DW COLLECTORS! So it came with DW badges.

I'm only going to half quote you too. You half make sense so it only seems fair. One more time THERE HAVE NEVER BEEN ANY KELLER SHELL PDP KITS NOR HAVE THERE BEEN KELLER DW DRUMS FOR ALMOST TWENTY YEARS. Sorry for yelling but you seem to not hear well or read things fully. Also there are no "Keller badges", oh yeah and, my kit is A DW COLLECTORS! So it came with DW badges.

haha i think ive found the new sticksfordrums, that vein is popping out of your forehead when you yell btw. keep singing your praises for your purchase at every chance you get and make sure we all know how amazing those dw drums are... are those badges big..hahahahaha

Back