Travis Barker

hah, wow, bernhard just showed all you guys up haha. and if travis was here on this forum, he'd prolly not give a care, he's rich haha. but like i beleive i wish he could work on his feel. i'm a freak about that. cause unlike buddy, or gadd, when they play rudiments they don't play them like rudiments, do you know what i'm sayin? chris penn said this ina moderndrummer, i can't find which one right now.
peace

Personally, i like Travis, i understand why people dont like him and as i have become more interested in drumming and listened to a lot more different drummers i have come to realise that despite his style (of apperance) and speed, he is not as good as i once believed, however as a young drummer i admire him as after hearing him and watching him (despite not liking Blink 182) he was an inspiration to me to start drumming. So i will always like him because of that.

Unlike some of you here said, barker isn`t self-taught and has a jazz background(in teaching at least) as you can read in his profile on this page here...and he is a very good, technical drummer I think, but the point is, I guess, that he has stopped working hard to become better and better because now he is famous and rich, has a beautiful wife and maybe sees no more need to keep on practicing a lot

Travis Barker is GOD he is an AMAZING drummer most of the people just like him because they listen to blink 182 but its not that i love blink 182 they are my gods but i admire travis for lots of things. he´s got style, he is fast, he knows how to make rythyms with just a little guitar riff or 2 wordss from a song HE IS THA MAN

The trouble with Travis, Joey is that they are popular to non drummers, well ok, they are TOO popular! It is just annoying when someone says ''Travis is a god! Ptfe, Steve Gadd? Gadd who?'' That is actually the main reason (IMHO) of all these arguments about them. Just because it annoys when someone haven't got a clue what is he talking about.

I respect Travis for the thing he does, I know that he is well trained and he is no doubt a great drummer, just people shouldn't get into these kind of radical discussions...
Travis is a good drummer. End of story!!

There is no one like ''the best'' (except Buddy Rich :DDD ) There are drummers that are ''some of the greatest'' and if I say one of the greatest then he has done something that no one has done before or because he has something really special.

When someone says ''the best'' it sounds like he is talking about car races or whatever kind of sport...
Music is not a sport...it is not a competition either...

ErNeStIn_182 said:
Travis Barker is GOD he is an AMAZING drummer most of the people just like him because they listen to blink 182 but its not that i love blink 182 they are my gods but i admire travis for lots of things. he´s got style, he is fast, he knows how to make rythyms with just a little guitar riff or 2 wordss from a song HE IS THA MAN

ok.... A) of course he can make rythms from a few rifts or a word from a song...he only knows 3 rythms....
B) selling out to the social norm is hardley style
C) he aint that fast...check out buddy rich, or portnoy, or a dead seal....theyre faster
D) he aint that damn special

I like Travis - great style and all.

But for staying with sports: When he would race a formula one race he even couldn't follow the pace car - and he knows it and agrees, that's make him sympathic.

Bernhard

Hello everyone,
I'm new here in the forum. I'm a begginer drummer, well I've been playing about 3 years on and off but it really only seems that I've been playing less, I really should practice more (just tell it to my parents who can not stand it) but in any case, I do love drummin and as far as Travis Barker is concerned, he may not be the "best" but just because he is famous and whatnot, doesn't mean he ain't good either. I think he is an excellent drummer. He has brought a lot of different things as far as drummin is concerned to the kind of music he plays, you can't really compare him to any other drummer who plays in a pop punk band. ANd he does have great technic which is something you do not see in a lot of famous bands...

Travis is coolio.

I myself prefer Tre Cool but that's another story.

Nothing he plays is very difficult, and he's not that fast. When I hear his solos, it sounds like he thinks solos are ALL about speed. He plays just like most of the customers I used to get annoyed with at Guitar Center. But he's not a bad drummer.

the thing with travis barker is that you have to undrestand that he is in a band with musically challenged ppl and as you might know alot of the blink 182 record and some of the transplants record was based off of his drum parts wich means he made the drums beats first then the other guys did the guitar and bass parts over it. So think about it if travsi started doing liek crazy odd time signatures and sincopated beats that arent straigth forward it would be way to hard for the other guys in his band to make anything up to. also you have to give him credit for what he has done is his genre compared to all the other bands.(example ecorprate marching is his music)

regarding his solo how its not very hard its because the kids who come to the blink show usually arnt like great musicains and mostly dont play music so he has to do a solo that impresses and they will enjoy since they paid 35 dollars to get in.

But he does have formal traning and he can do alot more than what he has donn with his bands.

Travis Barker Double Stick.

There really cool! Check them out!

Attachments

• tbds.jpg
    tbds.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 29,013
Re: Travis Barker Double Stick.

Yah exzactly, you could play cool beats with the mallet on the ride and stick on the snare

pinkdice said:
I myself prefer Tre Cool but that's another story.

omfg, tre cool is no good at all he has his good things and that but he just knows how to hit the drums and cymbals thats it, he doesnt do anything special i think he sux a little bit. Travis rulez

thats MY opinion i know some people may not like it and some yes but thats what i think you gotta respect me.

Where's your supporting evidence? Which songs does Tré suck on?

'thats MY opinion i know some people may not like it and some yes but thats what i think you gotta respect me.'

I don't agree with your opinion... but why should I respect? You make no clear argument as to why Travis is so good.

theres no need for an argument or thats what i think.

does tre do something special on drums? does he do any solo´s? the only good thing ive seen on tre he is kind of fast and has sometimes some god rythms with toms as you can hear on jesus of suburbia.

travis is FAST, creative, cool etc...

is that enough for u? or do i night to argument more? its just my OPINION if u dont respect it its cause you are not educated.

Cheers for the insult. I'm just saying, you shouldn't just say 'he rulez' back it up... I personally don't really listen to either drummer; I prefer Steve Gadd etc.

ErNeStIn_182 said:

does tre do something special on drums? does he do any solo´s? the only good thing ive seen on tre he is kind of fast and has sometimes some god rythms with toms as you can hear on jesus of suburbia.

is that enough for u? or do i night to argument more? its just my OPINION if u dont respect it its cause you are not educated.

I think people are a little obsessed with image. I don't care if the guy looks like Weird Al and can play drums reall welly. Being cool is not criteria for playing drums good. Also fast is over rated criteria for playing drums. What good is speed if you lack control.

ErNeStIn_182 said:
There's always a need for an argument.

So he doesn't solo? Whoopdie doo. A lot of drummers don't solo because they choose not to. Does that mean they aren't good? No it doesn't. Actually, I have more respect for them because they have the opportunity to stand out and have the limelight on them, but they choose not to because they're humble about their playing.

Wow! Travis is fast! So am I. Speed isn't everything.

Creative? Hahahahahahaha. There's nothing creative in his drumming at all. You want creative? Listen to Rush, Led Zeppelin, Nightwish and countless other bands that don't fall in to the category of pop/punk.

Since when did being "cool" have anything to do with drumming?

So because somebody doesn't respect your opinion then they aren't educated? I guess most of the world's population isn't educated then...

Superlow said:
I think people are a little obsessed with image. I don't care if the guy looks like Weird Al and can play drums reall welly. Being cool is not criteria for playing drums good. Also fast is over rated criteria for playing drums. What good is speed if you lack control.

I think Weird Al looks cool anyway. We wanted the 'Travis Rulez' crowd away from here.. ah well.. *sighs*

Back