So what's our favorite DD double pedal?

MisterMixelpix

Silver Member
I'm still leaning towards saving up for a direct drive pedal, and it's a little on the difficult side deciding which to try out. I've only toyed with the Pearl Demon and I wasn't exactly in love with it, but I'm willing to admit this may have been partly my problem. Now the list that I'm working with is:

• Pearl Demon Drive
  • Gibraltar Intruder
  • Yamaha Flying Dragons
  • Axis Longboards (A or X, don't know the difference)
  • Trick Dominators

Sure there's the Bigfoots or Axis's ridiculous "Laser" pedals, but I'm sure as hell not dropping THAT kind of money.

So... owners or testers of these guys, gimme your opinions!

I was using Tama IC all the while till I got my first DD pedal from Yamaha few years ago for my birthday present. I know i will never leave them ever since. The response is great and incredibly fast to me. I guess maybe you should take sometime to adjust the pedal to your liking?

Bad thing about the flying dragon to me it seems pretty heavy and pretty hard to adjust. Other than that its ok. I've seen their new catalogue and it seems changes have been make to the pedals as it looks different,mine was like more than 3 years ago.

Just ordered my Pearl demon drive pedal and will be here next week. Tried at my local drum shop and was amazed by it. Feel and response was great. Was attracted by the looks too. lol. Was thinking to use this to replace my FD. So much more things can be done to the demon drive to my current FD.

Have not tried the rest of DD but u should not go wrong with a DD pedal. Fiddle with pedal and try to adjust to your liking. Hope this helps. :)

axis A longboards.
no fuss, no bother, never broken. they feel fast, they are nice if you play with your ankles.
i'm sticking with these pedals for as long as they make them, hopefully they'll endorse me someday and give me one made out of carbon fiber.

Back