My first lessons starting

Scottify

Hey All,

Obviously new here, and a new drummer. I'm 38 yrs old and have been a guitarist for nearly 30 of those years. I've always had a secret love of drums and drummers and I finally decided it's time to learn. I found a local teacher, bought myself a pair of sticks and a practice pad and am good to go.

A bit silly to start a thread perhaps, but I'm just beyond excited to get started and had to share. I wasn't sure where to post this, I figured General would be a good place. I'm hoping to use this forum for help, tips, advice, general silliness and to see some really skilled musicians. Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know the place.

Welcome! We're glad you're here and are excited to hear about your new journey! I've been playing just over a year and a half myself and am always excited to hear about others just starting out. I know how much fun you are going to have.

It sounds as if you are off to a good start with a great attitude. Don't be afraid to come here with all your questions, these guys and gals are the best and have suffered through and graciously answered many, many of my silly newbie questions. They'll be glad to help you out as well.

Good luck and Happy Drumming!

MaryO

Welcome to drumming and good luck. You are fortunate to be able to draw from your musical experience. It will help you learn how to play melodically faster than most.
Build your hands and then get a kit sooner than later. That's the bet way to improve you can practice rudiments on the kit.

Started at same age as you (we are about the same age) without the guitar experience though so you will do fine. Welcome!

Search for answers to your questions on DW before just posting... it makes some people upset and there is usually something out there that at least touches on your question. Be sure to bring your sense of humor too!

A big welcome to the brotherhood man, I'm glad you've seen the light, it took you a long time, but it's better late than never :))

Welcome to the forum,lots of info available here,and lots of different perspectives if you have questions.

Playing the drums will probably impact your guitar playing too.

Drummers will like working with you because you will know what to call the parts of the kit correctly,and you will be able to explain a beat or fill the right way without doing this,(makes crazy motions with hands in the air)

Cool, welcome, I started late in life and have found this site really helpful.

Good luck and enjoy your journey.

Dan

Back