Buddy Rich Memorial Concert 2008 DVD 3 Disc Set

M

michael drums

Hey y'all!

Anyone know how I can purchase the Buddy Rich Memorial Concert 2008 DVD? I have a subscription to DRUM! Magazine, and received the June 2009 issue. And on page 3, there's an ad for it by Drum Channel, and it says to go to their website to order it.

But It's nowhere to be found there. It's not listed anywhere on the website. :-| I believe they have the exclusive rights for it, and are the only ones selling it. But it's just not there.

Anyone?

Thanks! ;-)

Ehh...

Thanks Gruntersdad, but that 2nd link gives me a "page load error". I kept tryin' to click "try again" multiple times, to no avail! :-(

But I do appreciate you trying. As always, you're there to lend a hand.

Or try to, anyway.

Thanks again!

Peace ;-)

MIke the second email says that the DVD, 3 set, is to be released later this month. I t was dated May 8th, 2009. I would keep Googling it and try Amazon later in May.

A three DVD set containing 5 hours of footage of last Fall's Buddy Rich Memorial Concert will be released later this month.

"Featuring Neil Peart, Chad Smith, Tommy Igoe, John Blackwell, Terry Bozzio with Efrain Toro, Nick Rich, Peter Erskine, Will Lee, and Jeff Berlin. These artists pay tribute to Buddy Rich, one of the greatest drummers of all time. With an all-star big band, they play not only Buddy classics but also their own hits. Over two hours of concert footage, plus almost two hours of rehearsal and backstage footage memorialize this historic drumming event. If you'd like to be emailed the very second the DVD is available for sale in our store, share your email address with us here for a one-time notification: http://eepurl.com/3IH." - Thanks to Frank Ray and Cygnus-X1.net for the headsup!

MIke the second email says that the DVD, 3 set, is to be released later this month. I t was dated May 8th, 2009. I would keep Googling it and try Amazon later in May.

A three DVD set containing 5 hours of footage of last Fall's Buddy Rich Memorial Concert will be released later this month.

"Featuring Neil Peart, Chad Smith, Tommy Igoe, John Blackwell, Terry Bozzio with Efrain Toro, Nick Rich, Peter Erskine, Will Lee, and Jeff Berlin. These artists pay tribute to Buddy Rich, one of the greatest drummers of all time. With an all-star big band, they play not only Buddy classics but also their own hits. Over two hours of concert footage, plus almost two hours of rehearsal and backstage footage memorialize this historic drumming event. If you'd like to be emailed the very second the DVD is available for sale in our store, share your email address with us here for a one-time notification: http://eepurl.com/3IH." - Thanks to Frank Ray and Cygnus-X1.net for the headsup!

Yea...

But doesn't it seem strange that Drum Channel would be advertising it in the "June" issue of Drum!(page 3), and NOT giving a date when it would be available?

:-|

Quote: "Order online at www.drumchannel.com or at your local pro drum shop."

There's just an assumption (why wouldn't there be?) that it's already on sale, because it doesn't give a date.

But thanks again for helping, GD. I will go to that link to get that one-time notification.

Peace

Thats the problem with an issue dated June when you get it in May. The ads have to be ahead of time.

Im sorry, but when are they gonna get some legitimate people for these concerts. I cant believe Neil Peart and Chad Smith are on this. Who chooses these people?

Im sorry, but when are they gonna get some legitimate people for these concerts. I cant believe Neil Peart and Chad Smith are on this. Who chooses these people?

Utterly, utterly agreed. Who chooses these people?

I can't think of anyone less suited than Jeff Berlin. His guitar playing is just not suitable, I just don't see it.

I believe the whole idea behind doing a thing such as a BR memorial concert series was Peart's.

I believe the whole idea behind doing a thing such as a BR memorial concert series was Peart's.
I think it was too, but the coices of people to play in it always baffle me. There are so many good jazz musicians who could kill that concert, but I guess they wouldnt bring in the drum-heads.

I think it was too, but the coices of people to play in it always baffle me. There are so many good jazz musicians who could kill that concert, but I guess they wouldnt bring in the drum-heads.

Brian Blade comes to mind. He would absolutely kill with any band, although maybe he should stick to smaller groups. Either way - it baffles me too.

I think it was too, but the choices of people to play in it always baffle me. There are so many good jazz musicians who could kill that concert, but I guess they wouldnt bring in the drum-heads.

I think you are right. The idea was to get the 'star' drummers to play his music. Many more foot-falls that way.
Then it becomes more of a marketable event. It doesnt need to make musical sense ; )

....... did I just write that?

Billy Drummond is one of them.

Well...

I'd say that Peart, Smith, Igoe, Blackwell, Bozzio and Erskine are kinda suitable to be playing at a BR memorial concert, wouldn't you think? :-|

I mean, come on people...Who says it HAS to be "jazz" drummers on the bill? Please!

Stop being baffled, and just enjoy the music.

WOW! What a concept. :-|

Oh, and btw...

The dvd IS finally available on Drum Channels' website. And I ordered it the other day.

Woo...hoo...

I'd say that Peart, Smith, Igoe, Blackwell, Bozzio and Erskine are kinda suitable to be playing at a BR memorial concert, wouldn't you think? :-|

Well, no. It's the 'Buddy Rich' Memorial - not the 'Buddy Rich Memorial for Famous Drummers to Play on so We'll Make a Lot of Money on DVD Sales Concert'. Of the list there, I can think of two drummers on that list who will probably be any good driving a Big Band and when there's such a huge modicum of talent out there that could do it a whole lot better, why stick with those? Let's just say for a moment that Jojo Mayer were playing. His speciality is not Big Band drumming - but I'm sure as Hell he could drive it. Brian Blade - same story. Peart, Chad Smith, Terry Bozzio, Erskine? I think it's a wasted opportunity and they're just choosing big names to sell lots of records - and it appears to have worked at the expense of the quality of the concert.

Well, no. It's the 'Buddy Rich' Memorial - not the 'Buddy Rich Memorial for Famous Drummers to Play on so We'll Make a Lot of Money on DVD Sales Concert'. Of the list there, I can think of two drummers on that list who will probably be any good driving a Big Band and when there's such a huge modicum of talent out there that could do it a whole lot better, why stick with those? Let's just say for a moment that Jojo Mayer were playing. His speciality is not Big Band drumming - but I'm sure as Hell he could drive it. Brian Blade - same story. Peart, Chad Smith, Terry Bozzio, Erskine? I think it's a wasted opportunity and they're just choosing big names to sell lots of records - and it appears to have worked at the expense of the quality of the concert.

Oh, ok! Now I get it.

All those drummers are in it for the money 'cause they need it.

Duhh... How could I not have known that?

Do you ever even listen to yourself?

:-|

The drummers aren't in it for the money. I never said that. But there is that attitude somewhere. Come on, who honestly thought that was the best line up for a Big Band gig? They must've been on a lot of crack that night.

Oh lord... not this again! Every BR show it's the same bitch over and over. I remember the first one and people were bitching about GADD and Dennis! "Who are they to play in buddy's band..." etc... Please, just give it a rest.

Listen, you have your heros and that's fine, but you don't make your point any stronger or more valid by belittling others. It just makes you seem immature. Of course they want big rock names on the concert; putting on a concert is a BUSINESS. And if some rockers got to see Tommy Igoe and Peter Erskine play with that band, then it was worth it. I was there and Igoe completely scorched the room.

And, I heard it was Pearts involvement that got it off the ground anyway. He was the instigator to do the show in the first place and helped make it happen with his celebrity and name power. If you want to be bitter about that, well, what can I say. I'd rather have the show with him (and chad etc...) than NOT have it all.

Back