New here, saying hello!

ConcertTom

Hi! My name is Geoff. I've been lurking from time to time over the years and finally decided to sign up!

I'm a professional drummer and composer in LA. Not too long ago I derived great pleasure from one of Bermuda's threads about concert tom kits, as I was finally fulfilling a long-time dream of getting one together for my then-new band (listed below in my signature if you're interested).

Despite not being that technical of a player and generally not being TOO too interested in drum equipment (besides cymbals, of course), I do find that there's still some drum-specific minutiae that really no one cares to talk about or think about besides other drummers. On top of that, I find myself recently and surprisingly changing some very basic things about the way I've been approaching the drums for over 30 years now. So, it's nice to know you all seemingly level headed and decent folks are around to learn from and share my thoughts with.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

Hi and welcome ConcertTom to DW. Like the name ConcertTom. Here at DW you will get helpful opinions on any subject and some funny reply's also. Again, welcome.

... So, it's nice to know you all seemingly level headed and decent folks are around to learn from and share my thoughts with.

Looking forward to getting to know you!

"Seemingly" - there's a nice, gentle adjective!. DW is a family, with all the warts and pimples and even an Uncle Larry! I'm sure you'll feel right at home. ;-)

Jump in! The water's fine!!

Welcome. And don't forget, like any fine town, DW has a Mayor. I was appointed and not elected. I prefer the Moderator title and if question arise, please ask. Familiarize yourself with the forum rules and beyond all, have a good time.

Welcome to Drummerworld. Post some bigger pictures of your kit, when you get a chance. We love eye candy.​

Welcome aboard. There's some good folk here. Not necessarily myself, but some great people / drummers.

"Seemingly" - there's a nice, gentle adjective!.

Ha! I find that "seemingly" is generally the most you can expect without a serious time invesment. Especially online. :)

Thanks for the warm welcomes! I'll try and get some better pics of my kits up soon. It'll be the perfect excuse to set them up in a nice location to get some decent shots.

Not my kit but my backline for tonight, pretty much as requested!! I'm sharing it with 2 other bands so didn't feel right taking off the bottom heads...

Welcome dude

Tis the best forum on t'interweb, a true collection of decent people

Back