Pearl Demonator pedals

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Hey all -

Anyone here using the Pearl Demonator pedals? I'm sure as a single pedal it's probably a really solid piece of gear. But the cooler thing is they actually offer this as a double pedal for LEFT-FOOTED people like me - at $189 too! Tama doesn't offer their Iron Cobra Jr. as a lefty double pedal, nor does DW (unless you go 5000 or 9000), so us lefty's are sorta' stuck going expensive or too cheap to be of any good.

I found one review where the reviewer was talking about side-to-side wobble. Anyone here experience that? But I've not read much other stuff about them.

Uh-oh, are you thinking about joining us on the dark side? Mwahahahah.....

Uh-oh, are you thinking about joining us on the dark side? Mwahahahah.....

Do you mean our on-going debate about double vs. single pedals or Pearl in general? I was just struck by the fact that if I wanted to go double pedal, like everything else for the left-sided world, there's less of it to choose from unless you spend more money. Pearl offers a good-looking pedal for not alot of money. I'd have to spend at least $275 for a used DW left-footed double pedal, and I'd never spend the new price for something I'd like to just experiment with.

On Musicians Friend 8 reviews, 7 five-star, 1 three-star. Only con is that over time the chain will slacken. They look pretty good for under 2 bills.

.... something I'd like to just experiment with.

Holy crap Bo - think twice about this. LOL
I'm not kidding.
If you start to get serious about it, it's a black hole that will suck up all your free time.
If you don't get serious about it, you'll probably take off the second pedal and
drive shaft and use it as a single.
And that's probably likely for the kind of stuff you do.

You could get the lefty 902, at least they're proven.

Holy crap Bo - think twice about this. LOL
I'm not kidding.
If you start to get serious about it, it's a black hole that will suck up all your free time.
If you don't get serious about it, you'll probably take off the second pedal and
drive shaft and use it as a single.
And that's probably likely for the kind of stuff you do.

Heck, for the price I'd just get both the double and the single ;). Although I'm curious how the chain could slack over time? Is there a piece that will obviously deteriorate?

Don't know anything about them.

I'm just saying, it's not the price - it's the time commitment.

Do you mean our on-going debate about double vs. single pedals or Pearl in general? I was just struck by the fact that if I wanted to go double pedal, like everything else for the left-sided world, there's less of it to choose from unless you spend more money. Pearl offers a good-looking pedal for not alot of money. I'd have to spend at least $275 for a used DW left-footed double pedal, and I'd never spend the new price for something I'd like to just experiment with.

I was referring to the double vs single thing. Seems that there is some angst among single pedal users towards the double. I say use whatever you like. It is just a tool.

If you are mechanically inclined, many righty doubles can be converted to a lefty. You have to disassemble the whole thing and put it together backwards. Lots of work, but that is an option as well.

I hadn't look at those yet as I've been inundated with Pearl info this past week but I'll check it out. I'm still not sure I like PDP in general though. Pearl is an old name to me.

The PDP DP402L Double Bass Pedal, Left-Footed can be yours for as little as $126, and while it look like a basic design, it's probably as good as a Tama Cobra Jr.

DV016_Jpg_Large_152203.jpg

It looks a lot like the Tama Camco in the 80's, simple design, but highly effective.

The PDP DP402L Double Bass Pedal, Left-Footed can be yours for as little as $126, and while it look like a basic design, it's probably as good as a Tama Cobra Jr.

DV016_Jpg_Large_152203.jpg

It looks a lot like the Tama Camco in the 80's, simple design, but highly effective.

Thank Henri! I kinda' like the industrial look of the Pearl's 932. Heck, I like Pearl's top-flight Demon pedal, but no way I'd pay $600+ for a double pedal set. A single might be doable (I finally got my foot on one at NAMM and it felt really good - like an Axis with a little more weight).

GC usually has some used lefty double pedals. I just checked real quick and I saw a Demon Drive lefty for $300. Still a bit pricy, but you would not have to worry about normal issues like a worn driveshaft, as that one is built like a tank.

GC usually has some used lefty double pedals. I just checked real quick and I saw a Demon Drive lefty for $300. Still a bit pricy, but you would not have to worry about normal issues like a worn driveshaft, as that one is built like a tank.

Hmm....got a link on that one? Or is that just the GC used website?

Heck, for the price I'd just get both the double and the single ;). Although I'm curious how the chain could slack over time? Is there a piece that will obviously deteriorate?
Bicycle and motorcycle chains do stretch over time, so I imagine the same happened with this guys pedal

Back