Finland

Damn. It is the best trip I've ever had in my life. It's such a beautiful place. Though it is cold here but doesn't change the fact of it's inevitable views and landscapes. Although it wasn't my first time to go to other countries, Mexico has been the first one but it's so close to where I live that it isn't... Well because I live in Southern California, Mexico didn't sound like a 'real and other side of the world trip' to me. Now as for Finland, of course I've never been to Europe as well but having the chills on air was or is something worth experiencing. I wouldn't know how else to describe this trip but till this day I feel revealing. I guess what I'm trying to say is that.. well more like to much to say and not enough time.. but it doesn't stop there. Of course if I were to go to London as my first trip, I'd also be as enthusiastic about it from the beginning. Nevertheless, heh, being happy in this time of life is just the beginning to my greatest illusion.

Mm Finland where my love stands at her place.
She's as bright as the sun when it shines here.
The sun shines brighter here because the ozone layer is thinner.
The smell of eggs, bacon, and Kool-Aid.
Thus those memories come alive.
Hey even the music here is inspiring and it fascinates me.
Bands like: Norther, COB(Children of Bodom), Wintersun, Insomnium, Sonata Arctica, Warmen, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Finntroll, Mors Principium Est, Kalmah,Turisas, etc, etc, and so on..

But in the end, I came for her.. I went to Finland to spend my time with my lady.. and that's what mattered the most. Still does.. but the cool thing about the trip is that I still get to drum here. Not acoustically, electric of course but hey better than nothing even though I do miss the sound my set. Oh well.. i'll be back!

Anyways..Ima go walk the dogs and meet up with my lady. When she gets out..

This is the off topic lounge..

Are you home sick? or miss Suomen Tasavalta? ;-)

Finland - indeed, Scandinavia - is an awesome place to visit. I loved hanging out at the Suomenlinna Island & Fortress and taking it all in.

Hei, hei

GJS

Yeah, lots of TREES!
Oh Suomenlinna Island was an interesting place. The sunset is such an amazing view. But when i went there, I didn't know that it was a fortress and that made it even more appealing.

Scandinavian countries are usually known as: Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
The Nordic countries are Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland, in perhaps their islands and territories. In the particular case of Finland, is part of Scandinavian (Fennoscandian) region, but it is not Scandinavian. They are Finnish.

This thread begins to remind me, when I was at the Scottish highlands.

Scandinavian countries are truly beautiful, but expansive. :)

And let's not forget Finland is the home of the Kumu drum factory!

The Nordic countries are Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland, in perhaps their islands and territories. In the particular case of Finland, is part of Scandinavian (Fennoscandian) region, but it is not Scandinavian. They are Finnish.

While geographically Finland is part of Scandinavia I'm not so sure about it being Nordic, very culturally and linguistically different to the other Nordic countries.

...and don't forget, Finland is also the unofficial home of folk metal...enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcFPFL0ZfyI

Okay, thanks for those words first of all! Even I have lived here for my entire life I really love being here for many reasons.

I visited in the USA (Missouri) last summer for one month via Lion's youth exchange program and it was breathtaking. It was my first trip by plane and to "far away" aswell. I really loved Missouri like JairoLozano liked Finland. Maybe because the difference between home country and foreing country is so huge (culture, weather, people, language ect.)

I'm glad that you loved being here! =)

I really miss is the great voice of Tarja Turunen...when she was touring here in Venezuela!

I went to sweden once when i was 13. It is an extremely beautiful place. Stockh￾ölm is absolutely nothing like people imagine it to be; it's got a lot of 18th and 19th century archetecture but it's certainly not stuck in the past, it is infact a very modern up to date European city. Also we went in may and there was NO SNOW. In fact i think the temperature must have been at least about 10 - 15°C the whole time we were there.
The point is that the whole of scandinavia unlike popular opinion is certainly not some backwards place that's perpetually covered in at least a metre of snow north to south. I've not been to Finland before but i'd really like to. What's really drawn me to it is the popularity of rally driving up there, as well as the vast array of metal bands.

I really love scandinavia. We've been to denmark a couple of times as well. I think it's really great the fact that in the UK we've got mainland europe practically at our doorstep. You really should come and visit more places in europe :) every country is different.

I really miss is the great voice of Tarja Turunen...when she was touring here in Venezuela!

what i quite lol at is that by all accounts she didn't even like metal music which is why she ended up quitting Nightwish... cow.

Take a look of Tarjas's beautiful smile...

what i quite lol at is that by all accounts she didn't even like metal music which is why she ended up quitting Nightwish... cow.

Attachments

• tarja_venezuela.jpg
    tarja_venezuela.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 1,090
One of my favorite bands, Before the Dawn, is from Finland, and for the most part, are only popular there.

So I'd love to visit Finland just to catch them in concert some time.

And then slip over to Sweeden and see Katatonia.

Back