I need a bigger car for a bigger kick drum

I have a Honda Element.
Tailgate folds out flat, the seats flip up or out easily, the doors let you load out from the side, it fits in a tiny space and the windows are tinted.

When not on kit shares, hired kits or in band van then my personal ride is a hatchback. For me a VW Golf GTI (diesel) MK4. When I bought it I actually tested that I could get all my cased gear in and a passenger. It comfortably holds 22,16,13, two snares and 22 cymbal case and full size hardware case (all in the back). I like to keep the front seat / passenger free of gear.

Main advantage of hatchback like a golf is that they are inconspicuous (important for late night centre of town gigs) and small enough to get into those tight venue parking lots/compounds).

haha.

I've been wanting to get another 26" kick for fun, I used to have one but sold it way back when, I also had a truck to cart it around at the time but no longer have the truck.

I can't fit a 26" kick in my 2 door Honda haha. oh well
Could you buy a small trailer and just put all your stuff in there?
....then you'd have room for the rest of the bands stuff in your car. =)

You'd have to build the box (not that hard), but less than $200 and 3.5 x 4 should more than enough room for your entire kit, both bass drums included.
http://www.harborfreight.com/870-lb...ailer-with-8-inch-wheels-and-tires-42708.html

Elvis

When not on kit shares, hired kits or in band van then my personal ride is a hatchback. For me a VW Golf GTI (diesel) MK4. When I bought it I actually tested that I could get all my cased gear in and a passenger. It comfortably holds 22,16,13, two snares and 22 cymbal case and full size hardware case (all in the back). I like to keep the front seat / passenger free of gear.

Main advantage of hatchback like a golf is that they are inconspicuous (important for late night centre of town gigs) and small enough to get into those tight venue parking lots/compounds).
I fit a similarly sized kit into my '68 VW bug back in the 80's. Had room for a passenger, too.
The next car was a '73 Chevy Vega GT Wagon. My WHOLE kit (add 12TT and 14FT to yours), 3 guitars and a Peavey 4X10, plus the guitarist.
No problem.
....it was my home for a while, too.

Elvis

Bigger is better - How about a Ram 3500 Megacab? I have a Ford Escape, and while I am currently without drums :( I could easily fit a set in the back of mine.

haha.

I've been wanting to get another 26" kick for fun, I used to have one but sold it way back when, I also had a truck to cart it around at the time but no longer have the truck.

I can't fit a 26" kick in my 2 door Honda haha. oh well

Yes you can, you just aren't doing it right.

Slide the passenger seat all the way forward, then recline the seat all the way. You can now pass the drum through the door, over the passenger seat, and into the back. I have done this numerous times with a 2 door Honda civic. You may have to lean the drivers seat forward, but I promise it will work.

PS: My 24x14 kick fits in the back seat of my 4 door Oldsmobile Ciera without any hesitation. Just open the back door and put it in. I would be wiling to bet a 26 would fit in there just as easily.

Back