Jeff Lorber CD

thiscocks

Hi,

I just purchased most of the tracks (mp3) of Jeff Lorbers cd "Heard That" but ofcourse I dont know which drummers played on which track.

The Drummers on it are:

Dave Weckl
'lil John Roberts
Tony Moore
Mike White

Has anyone got the cd who can elighten me? Some really good stuff on there but a bit annoying not to know who is on what.. Cheers!

Tim

don't know if you own or ever heard Jeff's 'Wizard Island' CD but I highly recommend that one. Dennis Bradford's drumming on that disc is tight, funky, and crisp. The track Lava Lands is hot!! Some good energetic tunes on that disc. Absolutely one of my faves from Jeff. Oh yeah, Kenny G actually played with some gusto!

01 COME ON UP

Song by: Jeff Lorber-Rex Rideout, Mixed by Ray Bardani, Drums:Mike White, Keyboards, Bass and Effects: Jeff Lorber and Rex Rideout, Guitar: Darrell Crooks, Paul Jackson Jr. and Jeff Lorber, Guitar Solo: Paul Jackson Jr., Trumpet:Ron King,
Tenor Sax: Gary Meek, Vocalizing:Darrell Crooks

02 REHAB

Song by: Amy Jade Winehouse
Mixed by Paul Brown and DC
Keyboards and guitar: Jeff Lorber
Drums:Tony Moore,Trumpet: Rick Braun, Tenor Sax: Gary Meek

03 DON’ T HOLD BACK

Song by: Jeff Lorber, Mixed by Ray Bardani, Drums:Lil’John Roberts, Synth Bass, Guitar and Rhodes: Jeff Lorber. Flugelhorn solo: Rick Braun. Additional Bass: Alex Al,
Guitar: Darrell Crooks

04 YOU GOT SOMETHING

Song by: Rex Rideout-Jeff Lorber-Phillip “Taj”Jackson, Mixed by Ray Bardani, Drums:Mike White, Vocals:phillip "Taj” Jackson, Bass:Alex Al, Various Keyboards and Orchestration: Jeff Lorber and Rex Rideout, Guitar: Darrell Crooks, Trumpet: Ron King, Tenor Sax: Gary Meek

05 GAMMA RAYS

Song by: Jeff Lorber, Mixed by Paul Brown and DC Drums:Dave Weckl, Bass, Guitar and Keyboards: Jeff Lorber, Trumpet: Rick Braun, Tenor Sax: Flute: Gary Meek

06 DON’T STOP

Song by: Jeff Lorber-Rex Rideout, Mixed by Paul Brown and DC, Drums: Lil’John Robert, Synth Bass, Wurlitzer, and Piano: Jeff Lorber, Bass fills: Alex Al, Keyboards: Rex Rideout, Guitar: Jeff Lorber, Vocals: Chelsea Nicole, Trumpet: Ron King, Tenor Sax: Gary Meek

07 THE BOMB

Song by: Jeff Lorber-Rex Rideout, Mixed by Paul Brown and DC, Drums: Lil’John Roberts, Bass:Alex Al, Keyboards: Jeff Lorber and Rex Rideout, Guitar: Darrell Crooks, Trumpet: Ron King, Tenor Sax, Flute:Gary Meek

08 TAKE CONTROL

Song by: Jeff Lorber-Rex Rideout-Lauren Evans, Mixed by Paul Brown and DC, Drums: Rex Rideout, Guitar: Darrell
Crooks, Vocals:Lauren Evans, Keyboards: Jeff Lorber and Rex Rideout

09 Night Sky

Jeff Lorber-Rex Rideout, Mixed by Paul Brown and DC, Drums: Lil’John Roberts, Bass:Alex Al, Guitar:Darrell Crooks and Paul Brown, Wah Guitar: Jeff Lorber, Keyboards: Jeff Lorber, Trumpet:Ron King, Tenor Sax:Gary Meek

10 Heard That

Jeff Lorber-Eric Darius, Mixed by Paul Brown and DC, Featuring Gerald Albrighton alto sax, Drums: Lil’John Roberts, Guitar, Keyboards, Synth Bass, and Electric Bass: Jeff Lorber, Trumpet: Ron King, Tenor Sax: Gary Meek, Bass fills: Alex Al

Awesome, cheers for that. Ill be sure to check out that other Jeff Lorber album.

That Lil' John Roberts is pretty good! never heard him before. The track 'Night Sky' has some of the best drumming ive heard for a while. The break towards the end is unreal!

Cheers,
Tim

glad to help. One thing about Jeff is that he always has top notch musicians playing with him, especially live. I saw him at the Blue Note a little over a year ago and his drummer was slammin'! I couldn't make out the name when Jeff introduced him though. Do yourself a favor and catch Jeff onstage if you can. He kicks it up a notch and it's always an entertaining show. Good stuff!

I really like Lil John Roberts, and I like the CD too. Peace.

Back