Adware?

Stefan Brodsky

Not sure if you're aware but during a simple log onto the discussion forum over the past few days, my browser is immediately directed to this "computer cleanup" page:

http://www.reimageplus.com/lp/slm/i...19841&clickid=20AbdC3GUsWmHtL90VA7of1xpfSk000.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? Personally I think it's malicious and should be removed. If it's an ad, I think it's pretty cheesy, particularly the way it pops up and redirects one's browser. Maybe some of our members with an IT background might want to weigh in on this.

Thanks

Last edited:
Not seeing it here, either. I'm using Safari - it has AdBlock too.

You (any of you seeing that ad) probably have some kind of virus/adware/malware infection. I run no virus protection or ad blocking software (I'm just careful...and taking a chance), and I have no problem and I got no redirects today, or at any previous time on this website or on this computer. I don't want to click on your link, but most of those "Computer Cleanup"-type things are complete BS, and are, in fact, the worst offenders.
Sorry.

I run lots of protection but sometimes stuff creeps through. With the proliferation of adds it is sometimes difficult to know what is a genuine site add and what is malicious.

Mercifully, the browser redirect has gone away, though I was positive I wasn't the only one who experienced this.

Back