My 70's Ludwig Project/Restoration -Players Kit

It's just a little busy, that's all. Drums came out great though!

I guess I'd like to hear what Frank's talking about. "what's up with that reso head" would be a strange way to say "it's a little busy" , don't you think?

Anyhow, thanks,..I thought they turned out great too, better than expected, and , they sounded great last Saturday too! I'll be posting more pictures soon!

Your 'busy' comment is interesting because I've never looked at it that way....our logo is prominent in the center,....I put LUDWIG on the top, the Saluda was always there, and ...maybe the Aquarian is too big.....I'll see what I can do ....

Your 'busy' comment is interesting because I've never looked at it that way....our logo is prominent in the center,....I put LUDWIG on the top, the Saluda was always there, and ...maybe the Aquarian is too big.....I'll see what I can do ....

Everyone has their own taste in what they want displayed on their reso head, there's nothing wrong with yours. Me personally, I would only have the name of the band, and Ludwig, but that's just me.

Re: My 70's Ludwig Project-UPDATED 7/22/09-PICS!

Everyone has their own taste in what they want displayed on their reso head, there's nothing wrong with yours. Me personally, I would only have the name of the band, and Ludwig, but that's just me.

Thanks Mendo ...I see what you mean, and I'll be honest, ...you've pointed something out that I've never realized too, ....it IS a tad busy ...great, thanks, now you have me considering having Jim make me another one! LOL! :)

I do however, wish Frank would clarify ...but, seeings as he hasn't, I'll assume that that is what he meant too.

Anyhow...........YOU READY??? Now, ....I didn't set the ENTIRE SET UP because I just had a show and had to take stuff back to our practice facility, but, I did get the new Red Sparkle drums up. I also put my 10x15 Challenger Snare up too to show how the 2 red sparkles work together. It doesn't match that great, but ....I can always re-do the snare too!! [insert evil laugh here!] ENJOY!!!

Attachments

• fullkit1.JPG
    fullkit1.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 887
  • fullkit2.JPG
    fullkit2.JPG
    123.7 KB · Views: 881
  • fullkit3.JPG
    fullkit3.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 885
  • fullkit4.JPG
    fullkit4.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 884
...very nice.

Kudos to youdos amigos.

and I think your bass drum res head looks just fine.

Barry

Thanks Mendo ...I see what you mean, and I'll be honest, ...you've pointed something out that I've never realized too, ....it IS a tad busy ...great, thanks, now you have me considering having Jim make me another one! LOL! :)

Great looking finished product. I think that snare looks amazing aswell. And if you do get a new kick reso, I'd say get it in white. It would look so sweet :D

Great looking finished product. I think that snare looks amazing aswell. And if you do get a new kick reso, I'd say get it in white. It would look so sweet :D

Thanks Freebird!

YES...that's what I was thinking!!! [ insert ANOTHER evil laugh here!] :D

Fusssion, I just caught on to your posting so I read through the whole thing and enjoyed the progression...AMAZING transformation, you really did an outstanding job in making those babies look WORTH something...they were butt ugly before and you made them what drums truly are...a WORK OF ART. NICE JOB!!!

JIM

Fusssion, I just caught on to your posting so I read through the whole thing and enjoyed the progression...AMAZING transformation, you really did an outstanding job in making those babies look WORTH something...they were butt ugly before and you made them what drums truly are...a WORK OF ART. NICE JOB!!!

JIM

WOW Jim, ...thank you very much!!! :)

+1 on the white reso = pure class!

Mendo:
Yes, I agree, the white reso would look great, and I was thinking of a coated reso, but I'd like to have a "logo" front and have DrumArt do it for me, but, ...they only do glossy heads. Would glossy white still be "classy?"

Mendo:
Yes, I agree, the white reso would look great, and I was thinking of a coated reso, but I'd like to have a "logo" front and have DrumArt do it for me, but, ...they only do glossy heads. Would glossy white still be "classy?"

Glossy = classy. I had an Aquarian Force II on my 3-ply kit, which was glossy. I later cleaned off the Aquarian logo at the bottom. I have a ported Aquarian Regulator on my 24" Blaemire kick, which is also glossy. I'm going to pick up an unported head for the 24 soon.

Attachments

• 3067048943_96f931a60c.jpg
    3067048943_96f931a60c.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 839
  • 3630935916_5ac81b13a3.jpg
    3630935916_5ac81b13a3.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 859
WOW Jim, ...thank you very much!!! :)

Jeff,

You are welcome...you worked hard for every compliment that comes your way and more should be COMING...I say again, GREAT JOB and thank you for sharing with us the decision process and success of the project. Would love to hear them.

JIM

Jeff man, those look absolutely fantastic! You did a first-class job. I'm inspired, I may have to keep an eye out on eBay for some one-offs to start working on.

Congrats!

Mendo, great, thanks...I may have a white one made!! :)

Jim, thank you very much!!

Zambizzi! THANKS MAN....how long ago did we talk about Ludwigs via PM ....hee heee!
My first find was on Craigslist originally ...that's what inspired the project,...I found 2 nice 2 ply concert toms for $50 .....FOR BOTH !!! :)

Thanks all..........

Zambizzi! THANKS MAN....how long ago did we talk about Ludwigs via PM ....hee heee!
My first find was on Craigslist originally ...that's what inspired the project,...I found 2 nice 2 ply concert toms for $50 .....FOR BOTH !!! :)

What a steal! I didn't know that concert toms had the bottom edge cut exactly like the top. It's so easy to find hardware that it'd be well worth drilling the holes to save some cash.

That's it, I'm doin' it! I need a 26", 16" and 13"...I'm on the hunt.

By the way, how do these babies sound? Any clips yet?

What a steal! I didn't know that concert toms had the bottom edge cut exactly like the top. It's so easy to find hardware that it'd be well worth drilling the holes to save some cash.

That's it, I'm doin' it! I need a 26", 16" and 13"...I'm on the hunt.

By the way, how do these babies sound? Any clips yet?

Per LVDC, ...and it's true....Ludwigs concert toms (70's) DID ...shells were shells,...whether they made them double headed or single, the same shells were used! So, I drilled holes, added hardware and boom!!!

The 26" will be elusive, but more attainable would be a 24" !!

I did play out last weekend but dont' have a recording,....they sounded NICE,...warm!! I need to fine tune the tuning, but .....everyone like them, the band said "WOW!" Anyhow ...I'll have a recording by the end of next month....we're doing a show at a place w/ a nice sound system....can't wait! :D

Back