Gretsch Renown 57 5pc Shell Pack

resohead

Silver Member
This kit is now selling for $1199 on Amazon. If my math is correct, that's a lot cheaper than $1957.

You're right. I looked at that kit when I was shopping last year and I am really glad I didn't buy it - especially for $1957!

Amazon has good deals periodically.
I picked up a Mapex Saturn Manhattan a few weeks ago for a good price from Amazon.
Good find resohead.

Wow, comes with a snare and matching throne ! That is quite a deal. I have played Renowns and they sound great. The bass drum and floor tom are immense.

Man, I'm considering it but I'm pretty sure that I'll get tired of the design. But still, that's a lot of drums for the money.

I don't think they have the black or red at quite that good of a deal. I'd prefer either of those colors.

They cost much less than a root canal..:(

Man, I'm considering it but I'm pretty sure that I'll get tired of the design. But still, that's a lot of drums for the money.

I don't think they have the black or red at quite that good of a deal. I'd prefer either of those colors.

I have seen the black at 1,200 and change, but not the Red yet. By summer they will be.

Yeah, the design is definitely very specific. Even the black, with its tuxedo look, is still very specific. Not for a guitar, mind you, such as my Rickenbacker 360 JetGlo, but for a drum set, it's definitely out there.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-COOL-...A%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=150750346764&ps=54

DSC02378.jpg

The color designs are probably preventing me from plunking down the money for this. Whici si a good thing I guess.. But I played one last week at GC and was really impressed. A tremendous deal.

I was born in 1957 and I seriously considered the new 57 Bop kit in red/white.
The more that I thought about it the more I wondered if I would tire of the scheme in a year or two, three, etc.
I opted for a transparant cherry stain kit instead because it is timeless.

Good deal on those B&W ones but I need to chill on this new set fever. Went to GC today and wanted to buy pretty much everything I saw. I left empty handed. :)

Good deal on those B&W ones but I need to chill on this new set fever. Went to GC today and wanted to buy pretty much everything I saw. I left empty handed. :)

That's funny ! Unlike guitar players, who can fit three guitars under the bad and 12 in the closet, us drummers must show constant restraint. Of course I would love to own 12 drum kits, but, practically, no more than 2 or 3 is possible.

Back