Ginger Baker Airforce 3 tour?

ronyd

Silver Member
Ginger is coming in town to a small venue, maybe 150 seating. Curious if anyone has gone to any of his sessions recently. Does Ginger come out after the sessions and do a meet and greet?

Knowing the way this guy is, I'm thinking NOT....

I have AirForce original 1970 vinyl when it was released. I would like to get it signed....

I have not seen him, but would if given the chance. It may be the last time.
I am no fan of his person, but would still like to see him play. Don't think I'd attend a 'meet and greet' - could be pretty caustic, if not hostile. He's antisocial.

BTW, if you read his autobio, the album you speak of getting signed is one of his favourites of all he has done. I think Blind Faith and early 70's was his peak.

I'm going to the London show, booked my ticket the other day.

Have a feeling that chances to see Ginger play are getting less so didnt want to miss out.

I havent seen anything much about the format of the show, it did state for the UK gigs it's a band gig but not sure if Ginger will play the whole set/will guest at times. The gig im seeing is at a 2,000+ plus capacity venue so I'd say there's no chance for a meet and greet at my one.

Hope you have fun!

Doesn't sound good, taken from his Twitter today

Sadly announcing the cancellation of all shows on the advice of Ginger's doctors. We hope you will join us in wishing him well. Team Baker

Prayers for Ginger Baker: Tour Dates Cancelled

ginger-baker-009.jpg

Cream drummer Ginger Baker cancels tour dates due to 'serious heart problems'
Doctors have insisted that the musician have "complete rest" as a result of his diagnosis

Baker confirmed the news on his official blog in a post titled ‘Ginger is shocked by the news of his health’, writing: “Just seen doctor… big shock… no more gigs for this old drummer... everything is off... of all things I never thought it would be my heart…"

Full Story

Scott K Fish Blog: Life Beyond the Cymbals

Serious heart problems. COPD for sure, as he describes in a Rolling Stone interview plus simply observing his interviews which make it very plain that he has had breathing difficulties for quite some time now.

As lung functions decrease in efficiency the heart enlarges to compensate. The heart becomes not only enlarged but overworked as the body tries to adjust to the conditions it is now faced with. This used to be called a Tobacco Heart.

Very sad. I wish him well and that his suffering can be eased and he can remain comfortable in this very serious condition.

Back