Evans Emad "Big" Ring

MrLeadFoot

Silver Member
Having been partial to the Powerstroke 3 for decades, lately, I've taken a liking to the wet slap produced by the Evans Emad, so I have one on the batter head, with the small ring installed. I always mic my kick drum, thus need to dampen a bit. On PS3s I usually roll up two small rags and place one each along the bottom of both batter and reso heads. I need a bit more muffling with the Emad, but don't have the large ring. I applied the rolled-up-rag method, but it it dampens a bit too much. Does anyone happen to have a 22" large ring laying around that they'd like to part with?

Having been partial to the Powerstroke 3 for decades, lately, I've taken a liking to the wet slap produced by the Evans Emad, so I have one on the batter head, with the small ring installed. I always mic my kick drum, thus need to dampen a bit. On PS3s I usually roll up two small rags and place one each along the bottom of both batter and reso heads. I need a bit more muffling with the Emad, but don't have the large ring. I applied the rolled-up-rag method, but it it dampens a bit too much. Does anyone happen to have a 22" large ring laying around that they'd like to part with?

Drop an email to [email protected] requesting a replacement large ring for a 22" head and we'll get you taken care of. Cheers!

Wow! I would NEVER have expected this from a large corporation! I just sent an e-mail. Thank you SO much. You can bet this turn of events will circulate in ALL the circles I travel in! :)

FWIW, in addition to my own commercial band, I also play at local churches. I recently needed to tone down the projection of a Ludwig birch set at one of these churches. I didn't want to warm the tone too much with coated heads, but thought I had no choice until Shane at Just Drums, who I highly respect, suggested Hydraulic Glass heads. I'll admit that being a Remo guy for 30 years had me skeptical, but I took a chance anyway.

Lo and behold, they were perfect for the application, as well as produced a lower tone on a kit that wasn't specifically designed for lower tone. That experience alone would not have enticed me to switch to Evans completely, but to me, and I hope countless others, your post demonstrates that a company can indeed be large yet still provide outstanding customer service. Honestly, I didn't even think to call Evans directly and explain my plight, because I figured the company was too big to care about l'il ol' me. So, although you didn't talk me into anything, your volunteer gesture has me convinced that using Evans products on all the kits I play on from this point forward will be a very smart decision!

Wow! I would NEVER have expected this from a large corporation! I just sent an e-mail. Thank you SO much. You can bet this turn of events will circulate in ALL the circles I travel in! :)

We might be a large company on paper but I make it a huge priority to help out every single person I can, be it on the message boards, Facebook, Twitter or or elsewhere. Every single person matters to us. Thanks for your support!

-Ben

Companies like yours are a diamond in the rough today. I mean look at all the big companies with CEOs being indicted these days. That all boils down to greed and the "who cares about the little guy" mentality, when it's the millions of little guys like me who butter their bread. Kudos to you!

And, thank you again, for your outstanding customer service.

To anyone else who might be watching this thread, Evans shipped the part to me today. After a speedy 24 hour turn-around on a part they don't even package for sale, they thanked ME for my PATIENCE! All I can say is Wow! Well, those of you who know me know I'm not one for little words, but seriously, what more can you ask for of a company? :)

We might be a large company on paper but I make it a huge priority to help out every single person I can, be it on the message boards, Facebook, Twitter or or elsewhere. Every single person matters to us. Thanks for your support!

-Ben
Alright, that does it... you sent me TWO large rings. I've already sung HIGH praises about you, I don't see HOW I can possibly sing any higher!! :)

Thanks again, as you have exceeded ALL expectations, and I had NO expectations to being with! :)

I recently picked up a vintage Slingerland kit & switched all the heads to Evans. I replaced the beater kick head to an Evans eMad, but misplaced my damper rings. I can't find them sold separately anywhere. I sent an email to the above address just a few minutes ago & am hoping for a reply. If I don't get one, does anyone have either damper ring for a 24" that they aren't using? Any help is appreciated.

-Ben
And THAT is why I play Evans heads and always will.

Back