luca_giorgio

Before getting into details about this, I'd like some of you to have a look at my newer videos and tell me what you think.

Anything that bugs you alot?

any reason why you might or might not subscribe?

Overall appeal on Lucas Talent?

youtube.com/youtubedrummer​

youtube success

To answer the Q: the 'best' way is to do as others have done, purchase packages from sites that will spam likes and views through their bot networks. This is what I have seen several youtube drummers and others do. It's a fast way to build up huge amounts of fake youtube publicity instantly, and your videos will pop to the top of the list for searches.

I'm not really interested any youtube drummer videos, sorry. Even my own ;)

haha... thanks for trying Brian, however that is incorrect. Google has an algorithm that knows when people are not genuine and actually hurts your viewing, because bots go to the site and leave, they don't watch video time, nor do they interact... its only good to attract some people, but will not likely affect the ranking.

As a musician? In the real sense of the word? Why play music, of course.

Pretty much the sole criteria to be called a "musician" to begin with, I would have thought. Even in the modern age of immediate gratification, I'm surprised it actually needs clarification if I'm honest.

But if you're taking about what it takes to have success on youtube as a guy known for a few drum licks, then of course you've just asked the wrong question. I have no doubt that the criteria for that kind of success will differ vastly.

Well, you're just asking us if there's anything that bugs me, right? And if I don't like it, why wouldn't I subscribe?

That's different from being successful, isn't it? What's the exact question you want to know?

I can't find the expression that I'm looking for but that pie has been eaten.

That balloon is popped.

That hole has been filled.

haha... thanks for trying Brian, however that is incorrect. Google has an algorithm that knows when people are not genuine and actually hurts your viewing, because bots go to the site and leave, they don't watch video time, nor do they interact... its only good to attract some people, but will not likely affect the ranking.
I have no idea about rankings...but I do know that it works to attract attention and make it seem like you are important. :)

Why not have the end goal to use Youtube as a means to get somewhere else where being a musician counts and pays off? Why make Youtube the end goal.? You have a band, use Youtube to promote the band and not worry about being a "youtube drummer" There are enough of those already. And even to name yourself Youtubedrummer, really?

What is the object or goal you are trying to achieve with youtube??

I can see a lot of covers and since I don't go to youtube for covers I am not going to say anything about the content in your videos.

The trick is to understand that using youtube right can get you exposure for the niche/channel you make.

Now for a musician there are 3 ways to go about it:

1: Covers and everyone is doing it. What is the point?? An 8 year old could do it as well?? And yes there are actually videos on youtube with that.

2: Teaching what you know. That will with time bring you a lot of views and subscribers who will follow you and even buy something you recommend or go somewhere to check out. It could be your band or drum teaching etc.

3: Your music and band!! Youtube takes regular updates and for a band you have to lean up against your heros to begin attract a following. So when you upload to youtube you know what keywords describe the music. Like if it is a certain style you can use the known bands in that area. It sounds like xx then that could be part of your keywords for a youtube upload. It will show up as related and people can check it out. But look for youtube marketing courses to really understand how to get the best results with it.

Is your goal to make money from people watching your videos?

I can't really tell what you are asking here, but being successful with Youtube is all about followers.

Youtube monetizes content through advertising: the more followers you have watching your videos, the more a company will pay to buy ad time on your videos.

From what I can see your level of talent/creativity/musicianship have nothing to do with the number of followers.

how would you personally define success ?
there are different kinds such as monetary, musical, popularity, getting to play the music you want, getting to play with people you want, personal goals, the list goes on

No one here is a success on YT AFAIK.

Except maybe Bill Ray.

Ask Cobus, he knows.

Echoing what everybody else is saying; that market is saturated. You're going to really have to come up with a different angle or niche to get any notoriety. If I knew what that was, I wouldn't tell you: I'd do it for myself.

Being a young cute girl and wearing tight clothes never seems to hurt, though.

You'd have to defines things a little bit. There are many different areas.

Personally, I have no interest at all in these drum covers. I might share it here if I do one, but................

I really only watch Stephen Taylor and Matt Patella for education and I also watch Dave King because he's funny.

Echoing what everybody else is saying; that market is saturated. You're going to really have to come up with a different angle or niche to get any notoriety. If I knew what that was, I wouldn't tell you: I'd do it for myself.

Being a young cute girl and wearing tight clothes never seems to hurt, though.

I'd hate to end up like that Nobel Prize Winning scientist who is now unemployed for making a harmless private joke about women ...

But isn't that just the lamest? I have nothing against women drummers and certainly don't think there's anything in particular about being a guy or gal that would make you a better/worse drummer.

But there sure is an easier path to success for women drummers.

Back