Stolen DW Collectors in Black Ice!! Be aware!

Man, it is so great that this is turning out for the better!

Davethis: you are a rock star! Your honesty is refreshing, and your personal sacrifice to do the right thing is an inspiration. Kudos!

I'm glad that GC climbed aboard the "right thing to do" wagon, too!

Cred to GC Boston for helping out on this! I remember the guys there, and they are awsome! Extra +++ to Maio@GC for the support

Davethis, how about that paypal email?

I really want to show my support, if 50 people contributed 20 each, that's so doable.
There's no way you should lose out on this deal. You are such a stand up man. Any person willing do the right thing, which means losing your own personally earned money....

Davethis for President! (Actually I would not wish that on you)

Please, let us help you. It will be the feel good thread of the year.

Look at that. A brand new member willing to help. Dude you rock, Welcome to the best place in cyberspace. Yea, I don't think anybody here wants to see Davethis take any hit. He should be rewarded actually.

I'm glad this is turning out so well.Davethis...karma is real,and the universe will pay you back in ways you can;t imagine right now.Well done sir.

As a retired NYPD detective,I can tell you that most stolen property is not recovered,especially musical instruments.There was a poster on another drum forum a few months age,who was trying to get an idea of how much his(fathers) vintage Slingerlands were worth.

He then states that his father bought the drums years ago,and when he found out they were stolen,he took the badges off,so that they couldn't be identified.I told him to give them back to the original owner,or donate them to a school,because of the bad mojo.

I'm pertty sure the guy sold the drums on Chicago craigslist.

In any event,had you involved the police,they would probably confiscate and voucher the drums,as evidence.They could be claimed by the original owner,after the case adjudicated.Trust me when I say,this both Daves,yours is a way better solution.The bad guy may have gotten away with this one,but the game is over,and the jig is up.I'm sure the shipping company,as well as the Boston PD,will have something planned for out little thief.Who knows how many insurance claims have been paid out,because of the activities of this skell.Like I told you before,the guy who boosted these drums,wasn't a player,just a perp.This wasn't the first time,this bottom feeder did this,and it won't be the last.

You can also rest assured,the F.B.I.,may become involved,due to violation of federal,interstate,and international shipping laws.Our POS thief may become an all expence paid guest of the U.S.Bureau of Corrections,and will become sombodys prision beeatch.Payback , times three.Its universal law.:)

Count me in on making a donation to Davethis too.Class act my man.Larry..I would just check with Bernard first,but if he says go,I'm down.:)

Steve B

Last edited:
Guys !
Mucho thanks again ! Your kind words are payment enough. It's very kind of you all to suggest financial donations but it's not necessary. I'm really moved by your generousity.
Dave and I have reached an amicable agreement on the costs involved. He's coming into Boston in a month or so and I'm going to hand over the drums to him. Maybe we'll post a pic !! I'm down a little, but I dont mind - it's a useful reminder that buying and selling musical instruments can be a little sketchy at times and we all need to be on our guard. I must say again how delighted I am with the love and support that Dworld has demonstrated. I will do my best to spend more time here. Drummers looking out for drummers makes a lot of sense to me - You all rock (and roll).

Guys !
Mucho thanks again ! Your kind words are payment enough. It's very kind of you all to suggest financial donations but it's not necessary. I'm really moved by your generousity.
Dave and I have reached an amicable agreement on the costs involved. He's coming into Boston in a month or so and I'm going to hand over the drums to him. Maybe we'll post a pic !! I'm down a little, but I dont mind - it's a useful reminder that buying and selling musical instruments can be a little sketchy at times and we all need to be on our guard. I must say again how delighted I am with the love and support that Dworld has demonstrated. I will do my best to spend more time here. Drummers looking out for drummers makes a lot of sense to me - You all rock (and roll).

You're a stand up guy, Dave. Well done.

IDK I think we should still take up a collection so both Daves end up not out anything. If the other Dave wants to do a Paypal email, the offer still stands.

Davethis, as a fellow Brit you make me proud! Well done mate.

Perhaps, as an alternative to the collection for Davethis, which he has graciously declined, we could keep an eye out for future kits and bits n bobs he may be selling (legit of course :) ) and give him some business?

Just a thought.

Awesome thread (at least toward the end) and a great story. You're a very rare human being these days Davethis, God bless you. Drummerworld rocks and I would be willing to donate as well. Say the word, I'm in!

Good news to report - the final chapter !!!!! Dave and I met today at my space in Boston, MA. We hung out - tallked about drums, drums, drums, drums - took a break to discuss cymbals and then back to drums again. Daves a great guy and a tasty drummer - we did the equipment swap which by the photos you can see was an amicable affair and all was restored in the drum karma universe.
thanks for all your kind words and suggestions - it really was a feel-good story with a picture-perfect ending. Great idea for anyone who has had anyhing pinched (even if youre half-way round the world) to throw up a post on here - you never know whos reading it .....!

Attachments

• mail-1.jpeg
    mail-1.jpeg
    6.9 KB · Views: 330
  • mail.jpeg
    mail.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 313
oh and Dave - Its been 5hrs 53 mins 34 seconds since you got the DWs back - did you get that Edge snare yet ? whats the hold-up ? ? ?

Wow! Davethis....what a guy. I came to his expecting a quiet handover....but as you can see by the pics it wasn't as easy as that. Davethis is a formidable (did i spell that right?) guy. I was invited in, and immidiately we were in good spirits. Had a really good time and great laughs! Thanks again man...you are a lifesavior!
Not only did he 'loose out' on the deal....he even gave me a buncha sticks! Now that tells me something about his character. A true gentleman!

Oh yes....looking for an edge snare! Played one first time today and loved it. Would be awsome with same satin hw!!

Good news to report - the final chapter !!!!! Dave and I met today at my space in Boston, MA. We hung out - tallked about drums, drums, drums, drums - took a break to discuss cymbals and then back to drums again. Daves a great guy and a tasty drummer - we did the equipment swap which by the photos you can see was an amicable affair and all was restored in the drum karma universe.
thanks for all your kind words and suggestions - it really was a feel-good story with a picture-perfect ending. Great idea for anyone who has had anyhing pinched (even if youre half-way round the world) to throw up a post on here - you never know whos reading it .....!

You sir, need a brofist.

im SO glad to read the entire story from start to finish, i was sitting here going from " oh, poor guy'll never see his drums again....wait what?....WHAT?! Holly crap! YES!!" in a matter of minutes! I have to say that Davethis has INCREDIBLE character and i hope that the scum thief gets just deserts for everything he's done! Please keep us informed with how the story turn's out!

P.S.
Thank you again Davethis, you made my whole week!

This is one of the greatest stories I have ever read on an internet forum. You two should make it into Hallmark channel movie. Maybe you could recoup some lost costs from selling the movie rights.

Back