Pat Petrillo here!

Pat's new P4 practice pad is the bomb diggity!

I had the opportunity to buy from Pat directly and it takes practicing to a new FUN level (no pun intended!). The 4 rubber "zones" give entirely different feels and the main black pad on the bottom level is just the right amount of give and hardness to mimic a snare drum-like batter head. I also really dig the grey pad zone, it feels softer and just like your bouncing on a floor tom or something.

It's a great way to practice the rudiments like you are flowing around the drumkit... but on a pad!

Good job on this one Pat! Now we just need your signature drumsticks to come out!

Hey Pat,
I've been a fan since your Snare Drum Rudiments back in the 90's. Thanks for all the great work. I've learned a lot.

MRW

Slingerland

WOW! I feel so old :)

Thanks so much for the kind words.

Anyway, I hope you check out "Hands, Grooves, & Fills", cause I think you'll dig it.

Let me know

All the Best

Hey, Pat

Dude, you are so awesome!!! I love your DVD & Book, just the bomb, I've gotton SO much better , and my reading has improved , too!

SO, I hear you are a Ludwig artist! GREAT, when can we see pictures of your kit, and what did you get???

How do you do that solo at the end of the E.Z!

Thanks

Jason

Well, thanks so much, and it's great that you dig the DVD and Book! I think it will improve your overall playing, so stick to it, and keep up the good work!

As for the drums, I hope to have them soon, as I can't wait to get my hands on them and experience the Ludwig sound ! I will post pictures when I get them

All the Best!

Hello Pat,

I was on your website and listened to some samples of your H.G.F CD and looks like a great tool. I am (54) and still do about 120 shows per year, the music is from the 50's and 60's. Not the most challenging music but I try to do give it my best every night and take pride in my playing. That's also my problem I feel as though I am at a stand still technically. I am hoping that by purchasing your CD and finding the time to sit down and really work at it that it will help rejuvenate me and put some excitement back into my playing.

Any advice you can give to an old rocker is greatly appreciated.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Pete

2b

Thanks very much, and I think H,G&F will be perfect for you to break out that "2&4" thing, without going crazy "linear" or unusable grooves.

The play along tracks are fun, and if you can't play the groove I created exactly, you can play something similiar, and still be creative. Thats the FUN part! There are many different grooves that can be created with these little "mini songs" I wrote for each groove...SO HAVE GO FOR IT!

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks Pat,

By the way the CD is on the way......so is the P4 pad :) Looking forward to it.

I'll keep you posted and by all means feel free to give me free advice anytime lol

Thanks again,

Pete

Thanks Pat,

By the way the CD is on the way......so is the P4 pad :) Looking forward to it.

I'll keep you posted and by all means feel free to give me free advice anytime lol

Thanks again,

Pete

Here's some free advice. Below are two guys that should be on your list of people to study with.:)

Hey pat, just wondering if there's anywhere on the net where i can check out some songs of your band? I really enjoy a lot of the examples on your dvd (linear groove 6 in particular, the gospel/RnB one), and just wanted to listen to your band.

Congratulations Pat for getting second place for "Educational Book" in the Modern Drummer's Reader's Poll!

You da man!

Terry

Hi Pat

Received the H.G&F, also the P4 pad. You are correct, there are 10lbs of material in a 5lb package. Pretty much just getting my reading going again with the hands section. Great warm ups and if I find myself getting lost I put the DVD on. Up to about 160bpm on the 553.

Having a blast with the play alongs as well, and there is no shortage of tunes to work with.

Great value. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pete

Hey pat, just wondering if there's anywhere on the net where i can check out some songs of your band? I really enjoy a lot of the examples on your dvd (linear groove 6 in particular, the gospel/RnB one), and just wanted to listen to your band.

Gusty

Just back from th UK, sorry it took a minute to reply..

The "Groovallegiance" CD is being mixed and edited now, so look out for that in the fall. It will have play alongs as well!

All the Best

Congratulations Pat for getting second place for "Educational Book" in the Modern Drummer's Reader's Poll!

You da man!

Terry

THANKS, TERRY ! No, YOU da man :)

It's cool that people really dig it, and honored to be "on the list" !

welcome home pat

pat patrillo clinic report
it was great. i arrived in the pouring rain at the London center of contemporary music at about 5:00 and sat around waiting for Pat to come. i let him in (the LCCM front door is tricky) and immediately he was the warm friendly guy you might expect having watched his DVD. Soon we were upstairs setting up the clinic kit and putting new heads on the drums. it was cool to watch him tune up and then warm up. i saw amazing feel and dexterity up close. what an experience. i was glad i could be his roady for the evening. i helped de-buzz a tomtom and did some adjustments on the recalcitrant hardware. His cymbals are really cool. he is particularly happy with his gorgeuos 21'' prototype zildjian ride. it is unlathed and covered with a mixture of the biggest hammer marks (about the size of a baby's fist) and tiny hammer dimples. it has an enormous clear bell great projection and almost no wash. i have recently switched to pinstripes on mytoms and was pleased to see that Pat likes them too.

i felt really foolish when i whipped out my wife's D200 camera only to find it had no battery. Doh! Pat gave me his camera and so at least we had a few shots of the show, but really you have to be there to see it.

At around seven the room filled up (about 30 of us - nice and cosy) and pat started. first up was a warm up solo that was tasteful and choppy with lots of rudiment orchestration and blinding singles. then pat played along to a selection of tracks including a beatles song and one of those really tough half swung tunes. He handed out experpts from his book and talked us through each one with application and avice on learning them. As you can imagine the evening was about HANDS (we saw some great pad work on Pat's new three stepped pad [which i tried out BTW and it was superb], GROOVES (probably the most useful part of the clinic - Pat talked us through developing a drum part from the obvious choice of groove when first hearing a bass line to displacing notes, adding ghosts etc and so eventually to change the obvious to the unique and yet still appropriate [he calls it groove-alution]) and FILLS (i really love pat's fills - he takes one idea at a time and really creatively applies it all over the kit and within grooves)
pat also spent some time talking about how he broke into the industry and gave us a view of the modern industry and how intolerant it is of things such as being late, drunk or drugged.

after most people had left (about 8:30) a few stayed behind to talk to pat and we had an exclusive look at his bass drum technique which was yet another eye opener.

all in all, if you ever get the chance to see pat in clinic - GO! you will be glad you did. even if the opportuniy doesn't come up, get his book (no2 on the modern drummer poll) and start putting a bit of patrilloness in your playing.

j

ps: thanks pat for everything

Welcome back Pat!!!

I'm glad to see our friends across the pond enjoyed your teachings and love of the groove!

I look forward to resuming our sessions in April.

I also hope I can get a spin on that Prototype ride of yours and see the Ludwigs!!!! I think I've only played with one of your earlier prototype rides at Aarius.

Hi Pat

Received the H.G&F, also the P4 pad. You are correct, there are 10lbs of material in a 5lb package. Pretty much just getting my reading going again with the hands section. Great warm ups and if I find myself getting lost I put the DVD on. Up to about 160bpm on the 553.

Having a blast with the play alongs as well, and there is no shortage of tunes to work with.

Great value. Thanks for the inspiration.

Pete

Pete

Thanks so much, and if you need any help, let me know, and I'll see if I can square it away for you.

Enjoy the pad!!

Back