Soggy Bottom Boys

that song's amazing. When i heard it in o brother, i immediately knew i needed to get that song on my ipod somehow...

probably a stupid question, but these guys made the original song right?...

that song's amazing. When i heard it in o brother, i immediately knew i needed to get that song on my ipod somehow...

probably a stupid question, but these guys made the original song right?...

Yes, Dan Tyminski (lead vocalist) wrote it.

I'm not a country fan but I LOVE that soundtrack. The movie was excellent.

I'm not a fan of country either but there are a few songs that I like.. this being one of them.

Sweet. We watched this movie in my lit class, I love it. I had no idea it was based on Homer's Odyssey.

Just a note of trivia: In the movie, in the scene in the recording studio and on stage at the political rally, George Clooney is not really singing; he can't sing well and couldn't sing his part, BUT, both of the other actors are actually singing their parts. The actor Tim Blake Nelson also is actually singing "In the Jailhouse Now". Clooney had to lip sync his part.

This is a great movie and the soundtrack is wonderful, if you like that style of music.

Would you believe the pastor at our old church used to use this movie as an analogy in one of his sermons on being saved? Too funny!

Just a note of trivia: In the movie, in the scene in the recording studio and on stage at the political rally, George Clooney is not really singing; he can't sing well and couldn't sing his part, BUT, both of the other actors are actually singing their parts. The actor Tim Blake Nelson also is actually singing "In the Jailhouse Now". Clooney had to lip sync his part.

This is a great movie and the soundtrack is wonderful, if you like that style of music.

Would you believe the pastor at our old church used to use this movie as an analogy in one of his sermons on being saved? Too funny!

now that right there is impressive, never knew that.

Only T.B.N was singing his part. John Turturro had to be over-dubbed as well.

Wow right when I saw this thread I knew it would be great. I LOVED O Brother Where Art Thou. It really struck me as a fantastic film. We watched it in English class because it wa loosley based on Homer's Odessey. That song (as well as many others) were amazing in that movie, but "Man of Constant Sorrow" was my favorite. The producer of the music (T-Bone Burkett) was featured in one of my recent Modern Drummers!

Back