I bought Rick Latham's book today.

You have made a very good purchase, my friend. I saw Mr. Latham in clinic once and I was amazed at his ability. He gave out 3 pages worth of complimentary exercises to everyone there, and that kept me busy for awhile; very inspirational! Let us know how it works out for you!

I studied with Rick for about a year. It tightened up my playing a lot. He is a great guy and a very passionate educator. If you live near the San Fernando Valley I highly recomend him.

I've been working into Advanced Funk Studies for almost a year now and I look forward to at least a few more. Great book, fun exercises and a great author, you can't go wrong.

Having both Rick's book and AFS is the best of both. It tightened my funk drumming and improved odd comping.

Rick is working on an instructional DVD which should be released later in the summer or next fall.

i remember that book!! my instructor made me buy that (i was ONLY into metal, at the time,) and i scoffed! but as i played on, i realized how important the lessons were. to think, lars ulrich was my hero, at the time!! if he could only play through that book!!

Rick is a cool guy and was a great teacher....
Pretty much changed my whole approach to playing...

I bought Rick Latham's book today."ADVANCED FUNK STUDIES" looked very good and came with 2 CD's . I can't wait to get started on it !!

Dan

just proof that good books never go out of style no matter how old they are. You're going to have fun!

Back